Web Folder WebDAV HTTPS

George Valkov

Web Folder WebDAV HTTPS
I have a web site from where the users can click on a link to open a WebDAV
folder and upload files to it. On the web site there are links (anchors)
with the folder attribute set to point to the Web folder.
I think that ever since installing Internet Explorer 8, some users can no
longer open the secure HTTPS link. The non-secure HTTP still works.
title="https://server/user/pub/" > https://server/user/pub/ </a>

The server is in the list of trusted sites, the certificate is trusted,
users can browse the site via HTTPS without getting any certificate
warnings, but when they click an anchor to WebFolder, it opens as a web page
instead.
Map Network Drive from my computer still works, so I believe that this issue
is related to Internet Explorer 8. IE7 users had no problems.
Client computers are running up-to date XP-SP3 x86, Vista-SP1 x64 and
Windows 2003 SP2 x86.

The server is running Windows 2003 SP2 ent.

Thank You for any help!

George Valkov

Isaac Oben [MCITP:EA, MCSE]

Re: Web Folder WebDAV HTTPS
hello George,

You may have to post this to the microsoft.public.inetserver.iis forum. I am
not sure why you will allow the installation of IE8 in production
environment without first testing.

Isaac

"George Valkov" <a@b.com> wrote in message
>I have a web site from where the users can click on a link to open a WebDAV
> folder and upload files to it. On the web site there are links (anchors)
> with the folder attribute set to point to the Web folder.
> I think that ever since installing Internet Explorer 8, some users can no
> longer open the secure HTTPS link. The non-secure HTTP still works.
> title="https://server/user/pub/" > https://server/user/pub/ </a>
>
> The server is in the list of trusted sites, the certificate is trusted,
> users can browse the site via HTTPS without getting any certificate
> warnings, but when they click an anchor to WebFolder, it opens as a web
> page
> instead.
> Map Network Drive from my computer still works, so I believe that this
> issue
> is related to Internet Explorer 8. IE7 users had no problems.
> Client computers are running up-to date XP-SP3 x86, Vista-SP1 x64 and
> Windows 2003 SP2 x86.
>
> The server is running Windows 2003 SP2 ent.
>

> Thank You for any help!
>

> George Valkov

George Valkov

Re: Web Folder WebDAV HTTPS
Thank You for the advice, Isaac! I think the final version of IE8 arrived a
few days ago?
It's not beta 2 anymore. I did made a few test on a virtual PC, but I didn't
expect them to break the WebDAV HTTPS support.

I shall post it there, but I think this is related to IE8 and not to IIS.
The IIS works fine with older versions of IE. And on computers with IE8 I
can still use "Map Network Drive" to access a WebDAV folder over HTTPS.

I also made a mail support request to MS, but they told me I must call them
on the phone. Maybe I will, but If they ask me to pay for support, I'm
totally not paying them to fix their own bugs!

George