IP address

John Whitaker

IP address
I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address please?

John.

Luuk

Re: IP address
John Whitaker schreef:
> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address please?
>
> John.

http://www.watismijnip.nl/

its a dutch site, but there are some english sites out there which have
the same info.

You can google for them...

--
Luuk
Luuk

Re: IP address
John Whitaker schreef:
> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address please?
>
> John.

ok, i was bored, and did some Googleing for you

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

--
Luuk
Kenneth

Re: IP address
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:44:11 +0100, "John Whitaker"
<john@whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address please?
>
>John.

Howdy,

Go to a command prompt (Start | Run | Cmd -> Enter.

Once there, type "ipconfig" (without quotes) and touch
Enter.

It will display several lines, one of which if your IP
address.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Kevin

Re: IP address
John,
In the Run... box, type: cmd and press Enter.
In the resulting Window where it has:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname>
Type: ipconfig and press Enter.
You'll get your IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.
-Kevin

"John Whitaker" <john@whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:mZCdnXBxPP43UlLUnZ2dnUVZ8hiWnZ2d@supernews.co m...
> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address please?
>
> John.

Re: IP address
http://tools.whois.net/yourip/

John Whitaker wrote:
> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address please?
>
> John.

Alan

Re: IP address
Hi Kevin and Kenneth,

If someone is using a router, using IPCONFIG at a command prompt does not
give their actual IP.

Depending on the brand of router they can connect to the router and see the
IP address that's being used, but I think it's a whole lot easier just to go
to a site like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and get it from there.

Alan

"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> John,
> In the Run... box, type: cmd and press Enter.
> In the resulting Window where it has:
> C:\Documents and Settings\yourname>
> Type: ipconfig and press Enter.
> You'll get your IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.
> -Kevin
>
> "John Whitaker" <john@whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:mZCdnXBxPP43UlLUnZ2dnUVZ8hiWnZ2d@supernews.co m...
>> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address
>> please?
>>
>> John.

Kenneth

Re: IP address
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:24:08 -0400, "Alan"
<somewhere@nospam.not> wrote:

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Go to a command prompt (Start | Run | Cmd -> Enter.
>>
>> Once there, type "ipconfig" (without quotes) and touch
>> Enter.
>>
>> It will display several lines, one of which if your IP
>> address.
>>
>> All the best,
>> --
>> Kenneth
>>
>> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

>"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> John,
>> In the Run... box, type: cmd and press Enter.
>> In the resulting Window where it has:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\yourname>
>> Type: ipconfig and press Enter.
>> You'll get your IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.
>> -Kevin
>>
>> "John Whitaker" <john@whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:mZCdnXBxPP43UlLUnZ2dnUVZ8hiWnZ2d@supernews.co m...
>>> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address
>>> please?
>>>
>>> John.
>>>

>Hi Kevin and Kenneth,
>
>If someone is using a router, using IPCONFIG at a command prompt does not
>give their actual IP.
>
>Depending on the brand of router they can connect to the router and see the
>IP address that's being used, but I think it's a whole lot easier just to go
>to a site like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and get it from there.
>
> Alan

Hi again,

Thanks for that info...

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Kevin

Re: IP address
The OP asked how to find his 'computers' IP address.

"Alan" <somewhere@nospam.not> wrote in message
> Hi Kevin and Kenneth,
>
> If someone is using a router, using IPCONFIG at a command prompt does not
> give their actual IP.
>
> Depending on the brand of router they can connect to the router and see
> the IP address that's being used, but I think it's a whole lot easier just
> to go to a site like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and get it from there.
>
> Alan
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Go to a command prompt (Start | Run | Cmd -> Enter.
>>
>> Once there, type "ipconfig" (without quotes) and touch
>> Enter.
>>
>> It will display several lines, one of which if your IP
>> address.
>>
>> All the best,
>> --
>> Kenneth
>>
>> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

> "Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> John,
>> In the Run... box, type: cmd and press Enter.
>> In the resulting Window where it has:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\yourname>
>> Type: ipconfig and press Enter.
>> You'll get your IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway.
>> -Kevin
>>
>> "John Whitaker" <john@whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:mZCdnXBxPP43UlLUnZ2dnUVZ8hiWnZ2d@supernews.co m...
>>> I'm using XP, sp3. How can I find out my own computer's IP address
>>> please?
>>>
>>> John.

kiran1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IP address
you can get your computer's ip address using the command prompt.
If you want to know your internet ip address , visit this ip-details.com .It will show your ip address and its details.