Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 tool bar color

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2009
saint.ives@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 tool bar color
Some times when I start my system and launch IE8, the browser comes up
with black colors in the tool bars. The bars where “File” “Edit”
“View” and all are black and the text is light gray. This is very
hard to read. My solution is to reboot the system and then launch IE8
again until the normal color returns. Can someone point me to a way
to resolve this?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 tool bar color
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What third-party themes are you using (e.g., Window Blinds)?

saint.ives@gmail.com wrote:
> Some times when I start my system and launch IE8, the browser comes up
> with black colors in the tool bars. The bars where “File” “Edit”
> “View” and all are black and the text is light gray. This is very
> hard to read. My solution is to reboot the system and then launch IE8
> again until the normal color returns. Can someone point me to a way
> to resolve this?
> Thanks!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2009
saint.ives@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 tool bar color
On Mar 29, 12:44*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What third-party themes are you using (e.g., Window Blinds)?

I an not using any third-party themes of which I am aware.
My OS is Windows XP SP3, thanks1
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 tool bar color
The behavior you describe is most-frequently associated with a third-party
Windows theme. Other times, an incompatible or outdated graphics card
(driver) is the cause.

saint.ives@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 29, 12:44 pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> What third-party themes are you using (e.g., Window Blinds)?

> I an not using any third-party themes of which I am aware.
> My OS is Windows XP SP3, thanks1


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009
hawksnest102
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 tool bar color


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The behavior you describe is most-frequently associated with a third-party
> Windows theme. Other times, an incompatible or outdated graphics card
> (driver) is the cause.
>
> saint.ives@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Mar 29, 12:44 pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> What third-party themes are you using (e.g., Window Blinds)?

> > I an not using any third-party themes of which I am aware.
> > My OS is Windows XP SP3, thanks1


I have the same problem. I will install ie8 and it works fine for a day or
2 and then the color bar up on the top turns to black and I can't read the
words on the toolbars. I am running Windows XP SP3. I have downloaded and
deleted ie8 3 or 4 times. It works well for a day or 2 and then the toolbar
area turns black. Do you think it could be the graphics card? It doesnot
seem to make sense, whereas it works fine for a couple of days and then all
of a sudden the toolbar area turns black and you can't read the words on the
toolbar. Thanks. d
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2009
RonC
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 tool bar color
I have XP Home SP3 and find that every once in a while I get the black
toolbar business described above. It seems that my theme Windows Classic has
ro be reset for the black to go away. My PC is new and has latest video
drivers etc. This only happens in IE8 but not when I had IE7.

Also I found that I had the sleeping tab problem and disabled JAVA from IE8
and new tabs works fine.



"hawksnest102" wrote:

>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > The behavior you describe is most-frequently associated with a third-party
> > Windows theme. Other times, an incompatible or outdated graphics card
> > (driver) is the cause.
> >
> > saint.ives@gmail.com wrote:
> > > On Mar 29, 12:44 pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> > >> posting to this newsgroup.
> > >>
> > >> What third-party themes are you using (e.g., Window Blinds)?
> > > I an not using any third-party themes of which I am aware.
> > > My OS is Windows XP SP3, thanks1

>
> I have the same problem. I will install ie8 and it works fine for a day or
> 2 and then the color bar up on the top turns to black and I can't read the
> words on the toolbars. I am running Windows XP SP3. I have downloaded and
> deleted ie8 3 or 4 times. It works well for a day or 2 and then the toolbar
> area turns black. Do you think it could be the graphics card? It doesnot
> seem to make sense, whereas it works fine for a couple of days and then all
> of a sudden the toolbar area turns black and you can't read the words on the
> toolbar. Thanks. d
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
meaning of "Windows Color System Defaults" in Vista "Color Managem FredM microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 08-06-2008 13:15
Built-in color selection (eyedropper) tool not working anywhere =?Utf-8?B?S0Zsb3lkZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 06-09-2008 02:53
Can't change Color of pages using color/appearance Nate microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 12-24-2007 07:27
Article ID: 935467 You cannot use the ImageX.exe tool as a backup tool on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 942632 How to remove the association between the display and a color profile when pictures are being displayed with bad color KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:55.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120