Customize Your Settings error when opening IE7

K. Stonefield

Customize Your Settings error when opening IE7
I had to reinstall IE7 after IE8 did not work with a website I use. The
installation went fine and I can open IE7. But when I open the browser, the
Customize Your Settings page opens and asks me to do one or two things:
Required Settings and Optional Settings. (The URL is runonce.msn.com.)

However, when I choose my settings and click "Save Your Settings," nothing
happens. The "Save Your Settings" button says "Applying Settings" but
nothing happens. I have my browser set to open a blank page.

At the bottom of the browser in the taskbar, it does say "Error" and "Done,
but with errors on the page." Does this have something to do with this?

Thanks!
--
In the field of stones...
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Customize Your Settings error when opening IE7
K. Stonefield wrote:

> I had to reinstall IE7 after IE8 did not work with a website I use. The
> installation went fine and I can open IE7. But when I open the browser,
> the Customize Your Settings page opens and asks me to do one or two
> things: Required Settings and Optional Settings. (The URL is
> runonce.msn.com.)
>
> However, when I choose my settings and click "Save Your Settings," nothing
> happens. The "Save Your Settings" button says "Applying Settings" but
> nothing happens. I have my browser set to open a blank page.
>
> At the bottom of the browser in the taskbar, it does say "Error" and
> "Done, but with errors on the page." Does this have something to do with
> this?
>
> Thanks!

See [Ignore the title]:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
"A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".

Also see:
"Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead of
your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

And: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...every-startup/

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

J. Watson

Re: Customize Your Settings error when opening IE7
I had the same problem with the "welcome" page coming up all the time when
starting IE7.

However, I have a related problem with IE7.
When you first install IE7, and start it up, there was on that runonce page
the ability to change search engines, set the clear type font, etc. I would
click on the option to change the search engine, and as soon as I did that,
in the lower left corner of the page would be a yello sign, and next to it
was error on page. Basically disallowing anything from being done from that
page.

Since I fixed the runonce problem, and click on the down arrow to the right
of the search engine box, and select the choice to change the search engine,
I get a screen with several choices that can be made as to search engine.
Plus and option to put in some info to have a custom search engine.
I select Google, and once again, I get error on page, and can't do anything.
So, just how can I change search engines to the one I want?

http://www.winhelponline.com/article...xplorer-7.html

http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-provider.html

--
Vincenzo Di Russo