Please enable personalized favorites in IE8 again

Jimmy

Please enable personalized favorites in IE8 again
Personalized favorites was one of the most useful features in previous
versions of IE. Today, I downloaded IE8 and was shocked to find this feature
has been removed. This makes a large list of favorites completely useless
and is a major backstep for IE.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Please enable personalized favorites in IE8 again

"Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93A2EFD-09D2-4F79-98A2-E62C10B042E4@microsoft.com...
> Personalized favorites was one of the most useful features in previous
> versions of IE. Today, I downloaded IE8 and was shocked to find this feature
> has been removed. This makes a large list of favorites completely useless
> and is a major backstep for IE.

You can still do what many have always done: drag your most frequently
use Favorites into the most helpful position you want or if you want to
leave them sorted alphabetically, rename them with prefixes which have
the same effect. Either procedure gives a much more reliable "personalized"
Favorites list than that old buggy feature that you are looking for.

---

Haresh Melwani

RE: Please enable personalized favorites in IE8 again
It worked very very well for me. I miss it sorely. I will probably revert
back to IE7 or begin using another browser just for this feature. Why do
companies always remove the most useful features when releasing a newer
version of the software? IMHO, that just shows how much out of touch they
are with the actual users.