IE 8 Under vista 32bit

species8350

IE 8 Under vista 32bit
Hi,

Is IE 8, under Vista 32 bit, worth installing?

Thanks
Saucy

Re: IE 8 Under vista 32bit
"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is IE 8, under Vista 32 bit, worth installing?
>
> Thanks

Yup.

Saucy

Dave Horne

Re: IE 8 Under vista 32bit

"Saucy" <saucylemon@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message
> "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is IE 8, under Vista 32 bit, worth installing?
>>
>> Thanks

> Yup.
>
> Saucy

That's certainly one opinion. With IE8 I could not pay online to buy movie
tickets - I kept receiving an error message though had no problems once I
uninstalled IE8. I could not access the USA Today or CNET's web site using
IE8. I had less control over toolbar placement using IE8.

If it works for you, great; if it gives you problems, you can always
uninstall it.

Dave Horne

Saucy

Re: IE 8 Under vista 32bit
"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message

> "Saucy" <saucylemon@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is IE 8, under Vista 32 bit, worth installing?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Yup.
>>
>> Saucy

> That's certainly one opinion. With IE8 I could not pay online to buy
> movie tickets - I kept receiving an error message though had no problems
> once I uninstalled IE8. I could not access the USA Today or CNET's web
> site using IE8. I had less control over toolbar placement using IE8.
>
> If it works for you, great; if it gives you problems, you can always
> uninstall it.
>
> Dave Horne

I visited and got around USA Today, and visited CNET and downloaded some
software. Are you running something in the background that might be messing
up the works maybe?

> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "Saucy" <saucylemon@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message
>>> "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message

>>> Yup.
>>>
>>> Saucy

>> That's certainly one opinion. With IE8 I could not pay online to buy
>> movie tickets - I kept receiving an error message though had no problems
>> once I uninstalled IE8. I could not access the USA Today or CNET's web
>> site using IE8. I had less control over toolbar placement using IE8.
>>
>> If it works for you, great; if it gives you problems, you can always
>> uninstall it.
>>
>> Dave Horne

> I visited and got around USA Today, and visited CNET and downloaded some
> software. Are you running something in the background that might be
> messing up the works maybe?
>
> Saucy

Well, I would like to assume that the purpose of beta testing is to sort
these problems out. I installed and uninstalled IE8 a total of _four_ times;
I really gave the program the benefit of the doubt. At the moment I am
using (and learning) four other browsers. I also use IE7 as that, along
with Opera, is the only browser that allow me to access my ftp site (my web
page upload site). I could order those movie tickets on my wife's laptop
with IE8, but not on our main computer.

It's not my job to beta test a product that is already beta tested. It I
were to receive an error message that I could do something with, great, but
IE8 cost me too much time and the error message (or lack of access) provided
me with nothing to work with.

I will continue to use IE7 along side other browsers. I normally support
Microsoft but this experience has put a bad taste in my mouth. You know,
you can always earn more money, but time, once it's lost, is lost forever.
I won't download IE8 until I am forced to.

I use and like Vista as well as Office 2007, I just won't be installing IE8
any time soon. DH

species8350

Re: IE 8 Under vista 32bit
On Mar 28, 11:29*pm, "Dave Horne" <daveho...@home.nl> wrote:
> "Saucy" <saucyle...@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message

> > "Dave Horne" <daveho...@home.nl> wrote in message
> >news:%23XXS1O%23rJHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl. ..

> >> "Saucy" <saucyle...@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message

> >> That's certainly one opinion. *With IE8 I could not pay online to buy
> >> movie tickets - I kept receiving an error message though had no problems
> >> once I uninstalled IE8. I could not access the USA Today or CNET's web
> >> site using IE8. *I had less control over toolbar placement using IE8..

> >> If it works for you, great; if it gives you problems, you can always
> >> uninstall it.

> >> Dave Horne

> > I visited and got around USA Today, and visited CNET and downloaded some
> > software. Are you running something in the background that might be
> > messing up the works maybe?

> > Saucy

> Well, I would like to assume that the purpose of beta testing is to sort
> these problems out. I installed and uninstalled IE8 a total of _four_ times;
> I really gave the program the benefit of the doubt. *At the moment I am
> using (and learning) four other browsers. *I also use IE7 as that, along
> with Opera, is the only browser that allow me to access my ftp site (my web
> page upload site). *I could order those movie tickets on my wife's laptop
> with IE8, but not on our main computer.
>
> It's not my job to beta test a product that is already beta tested. *ItI
> were to receive an error message that I could do something with, great, but
> IE8 cost me too much time and the error message (or lack of access) provided
> me with nothing to work with.
>
> I will continue to use IE7 along side other browsers. *I normally support
> Microsoft but this experience has put a bad taste in my mouth. *You know,
> you can always earn more money, but time, once it's lost, is lost forever..
> I won't download IE8 until I am forced to.
>
> I use and like Vista as well as Office 2007, I just won't be installing IE8
> any time soon. DH- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about your problems - what a pain.

If I install IE8, will this overwrite IE7?

If I needed to uninstall IE8, it would be nice if IE7 was still
available.

Best wishes

On Mar 28, 11:29 pm, "Dave Horne" <daveho...@home.nl> wrote:
> "Saucy" <saucyle...@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message

> > "Dave Horne" <daveho...@home.nl> wrote in message
> >news:%23XXS1O%23rJHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl. ..

> >> "Saucy" <saucyle...@nospam.newsgroup> wrote in message

> >> That's certainly one opinion. With IE8 I could not pay online to buy
> >> movie tickets - I kept receiving an error message though had no
> >> problems
> >> once I uninstalled IE8. I could not access the USA Today or CNET's web
> >> site using IE8. I had less control over toolbar placement using IE8.

> >> If it works for you, great; if it gives you problems, you can always
> >> uninstall it.

> >> Dave Horne

> > I visited and got around USA Today, and visited CNET and downloaded some
> > software. Are you running something in the background that might be
> > messing up the works maybe?

> > Saucy

> Well, I would like to assume that the purpose of beta testing is to sort
> these problems out. I installed and uninstalled IE8 a total of _four_
> times;
> I really gave the program the benefit of the doubt. At the moment I am
> using (and learning) four other browsers. I also use IE7 as that, along
> with Opera, is the only browser that allow me to access my ftp site (my
> web
> page upload site). I could order those movie tickets on my wife's laptop
> with IE8, but not on our main computer.
>
> It's not my job to beta test a product that is already beta tested. It I
> were to receive an error message that I could do something with, great,
> but
> IE8 cost me too much time and the error message (or lack of access)
> provided
> me with nothing to work with.
>
> I will continue to use IE7 along side other browsers. I normally support
> Microsoft but this experience has put a bad taste in my mouth. You know,
> you can always earn more money, but time, once it's lost, is lost forever.
> I won't download IE8 until I am forced to.
>
> I use and like Vista as well as Office 2007, I just won't be installing
> IE8
> any time soon. DH- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about your problems - what a pain.

If I install IE8, will this overwrite IE7?

If I needed to uninstall IE8, it would be nice if IE7 was still
available.

Best wishes

I"m no expert but to ininstall IE8 (and revert to IE7) is simple - I've done
it four times. Go to Windows Updates (in Vista) \ View Update History \
Installed Updates and right click or double click on the offending update.
Piece of cake.

Patrick Murphy

RE: IE 8 Under vista 32bit

"species8350" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is IE 8, under Vista 32 bit, worth installing?
>
> Thanks

Sorry you got such snide uninformative replies. I wish I could help you.
However, I came here to get my own IE issues answered--quite obviously it is
a waste of time trying to deal with phony experts.