Moving through IE tabs with keyboard combination

KG

Moving through IE tabs with keyboard combination
I use a laptop.
I like to use keyboard combinations to do things like:

Alt + F4 will close an application
Control+S will save a document

I know that Control+T will open a new tab in IE.

If I have multiple tabs open in IE, is there a way to move through them with
a keyboard combination (without having to move the cursor and click on them)?

Ken
Donald Anadell

Re: Moving through IE tabs with keyboard combination

"KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use a laptop.
> I like to use keyboard combinations to do things like:
>
> Alt + F4 will close an application
> Control+S will save a document
>
> I know that Control+T will open a new tab in IE.
>
> If I have multiple tabs open in IE, is there a way to move through them
> with
> a keyboard combination (without having to move the cursor and click on
> them)?

Help||Internet Explorer Help||Index(tab)||keys, shortcut||Working with Tabs

Suggests using CTRL+TAB or CTRL+SHIFT+TAB

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Ken

Re: Moving through IE tabs with keyboard combination
IE & full Windows version?

Tab shortcuts:
Open link in new background tab CTRL+left mouse button or middle mouse
button
Open link in new foreground tab CTRL+SHIFT+left mouse button or
CTRL+SHIFT+middle mouse button
Close tab (closes window if only one tab is open) CTRL+W or CTRL+F4
Open Quick Tab view CTRL+Q
Open new tab CTRL+T
View list of open tabs CTRL+SHIFT+Q
Switch to next tab CTRL+TAB
Switch to previous tab CTRL+SHIFT+TAB

Source & more: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/attachment/715071.ashx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

KG wrote:
> I use a laptop.
> I like to use keyboard combinations to do things like:
>
> Alt + F4 will close an application
> Control+S will save a document
>
> I know that Control+T will open a new tab in IE.
>
> If I have multiple tabs open in IE, is there a way to move through them
> with
> a keyboard combination (without having to move the cursor and click on
> them)?

Luuk

PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
> IE & full Windows version?
>
> Tab shortcuts:
> Open link in new background tab CTRL+left mouse button or middle mouse
> button
> Open link in new foreground tab CTRL+SHIFT+left mouse button or
> CTRL+SHIFT+middle mouse button
> Close tab (closes window if only one tab is open) CTRL+W or CTRL+F4
> Open Quick Tab view CTRL+Q
> Open new tab CTRL+T
> View list of open tabs CTRL+SHIFT+Q
> Switch to next tab CTRL+TAB
> Switch to previous tab CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
>
> Source & more: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/attachment/715071.ashx

but WHY does Ctrl+2 move to the second tab,
and Ctrl+3 move to the third tab,
and Ctrl+1 NOT MOVES to the 1st tab???

i used to like this, because it worked in IE7

--
Luuk
KG

Re: Moving through IE tabs with keyboard combination
Thank you Donald A.

I never thought of "Control+Tab" ... Duh!

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use a laptop.
> > I like to use keyboard combinations to do things like:
> >
> > Alt + F4 will close an application
> > Control+S will save a document
> >
> > I know that Control+T will open a new tab in IE.
> >
> > If I have multiple tabs open in IE, is there a way to move through them
> > with
> > a keyboard combination (without having to move the cursor and click on
> > them)?

> Help||Internet Explorer Help||Index(tab)||keys, shortcut||Working with Tabs
>
> Suggests using CTRL+TAB or CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Ken

KG

Re: Moving through IE tabs with keyboard combination
Thank you.

I never thought of "Control+Tab" ... Duh! Pretty obvious!

"Luuk" wrote:

> PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
> > IE & full Windows version?
> >
> > Tab shortcuts:
> > Open link in new background tab CTRL+left mouse button or middle mouse
> > button
> > Open link in new foreground tab CTRL+SHIFT+left mouse button or
> > CTRL+SHIFT+middle mouse button
> > Close tab (closes window if only one tab is open) CTRL+W or CTRL+F4
> > Open Quick Tab view CTRL+Q
> > Open new tab CTRL+T
> > View list of open tabs CTRL+SHIFT+Q
> > Switch to next tab CTRL+TAB
> > Switch to previous tab CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
> >
> > Source & more: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/attachment/715071.ashx

> but WHY does Ctrl+2 move to the second tab,
> and Ctrl+3 move to the third tab,
> and Ctrl+1 NOT MOVES to the 1st tab???
>
> i used to like this, because it worked in IE7
>
> --
> Luuk

Saucy

"Luuk" <luuk@invalid.lan> wrote in message
> PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
>> IE & full Windows version?
>>
>> Tab shortcuts:
>> Open link in new background tab CTRL+left mouse button or middle mouse
>> button
>> Open link in new foreground tab CTRL+SHIFT+left mouse button or
>> CTRL+SHIFT+middle mouse button
>> Close tab (closes window if only one tab is open) CTRL+W or CTRL+F4
>> Open Quick Tab view CTRL+Q
>> Open new tab CTRL+T
>> View list of open tabs CTRL+SHIFT+Q
>> Switch to next tab CTRL+TAB
>> Switch to previous tab CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
>>
>> Source & more: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/attachment/715071.ashx

> but WHY does Ctrl+2 move to the second tab,
> and Ctrl+3 move to the third tab,
> and Ctrl+1 NOT MOVES to the 1st tab???
>
> i used to like this, because it worked in IE7
>
> --
> Luuk

Ctrl + 1 works here i.e. moves focus to the first tab.

Saucy

Luuk

Saucy schreef:
> "Luuk" <luuk@invalid.lan> wrote in message
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
>>> IE & full Windows version?
>>>
>>> Tab shortcuts:
>>> Open link in new background tab CTRL+left mouse button or middle
>>> mouse button
>>> Open link in new foreground tab CTRL+SHIFT+left mouse button or
>>> CTRL+SHIFT+middle mouse button
>>> Close tab (closes window if only one tab is open) CTRL+W or CTRL+F4
>>> Open Quick Tab view CTRL+Q
>>> Open new tab CTRL+T
>>> View list of open tabs CTRL+SHIFT+Q
>>> Switch to next tab CTRL+TAB
>>> Switch to previous tab CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
>>>
>>> Source & more: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/attachment/715071.ashx

>> but WHY does Ctrl+2 move to the second tab,
>> and Ctrl+3 move to the third tab,
>> and Ctrl+1 NOT MOVES to the 1st tab???
>>
>> i used to like this, because it worked in IE7
>>
>> --
>> Luuk

> Ctrl + 1 works here i.e. moves focus to the first tab.
>
> Saucy

hmmmm, now i have to find out why it does not work here (on Vista)

--
Luuk
Luuk

Luuk schreef:
> Saucy schreef:
>> "Luuk" <luuk@invalid.lan> wrote in message

>>> but WHY does Ctrl+2 move to the second tab,
>>> and Ctrl+3 move to the third tab,
>>> and Ctrl+1 NOT MOVES to the 1st tab???
>>>
>>> i used to like this, because it worked in IE7
>>>
>>> --
>>> Luuk

>> Ctrl + 1 works here i.e. moves focus to the first tab.
>>
>> Saucy

> hmmmm, now i have to find out why it does not work here (on Vista)

it also does not work in other apps (like Openoffice Calc)...
so it's nothing to do with IE8

--
Luuk