Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8

TaurArian

Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
I have been advised by Trend Micro Consumer Report that their product "Trend
Micro" does not have any version that is compatible with Internet Explorer
8. Indeed, they do not know when such a version will be available.

So if you're using Trend as your Internet Security Suite, you may want to
wait before installing IE8 or in the alternative, find a suite that is
compatible.

Indeed, Trend thought that IE8 was still in BETA.

Today I was also advised:
"In line with your concern, the developers of the program doens't yet
announce any specific date for the release of the Trend Micro Internet
Security that is compatible to the IE8. Because the IE8 is still on beta
stages."

The best Trend can do for customers is to refer them to
"esupport.trendmicro.com".

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Steve Hebert

Re: Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
Trendmicro Internet Security and IE8 are working fine together here. (I can crash the firewall anytime I want, but that problem is not connected to IE8 in any way).

Steve

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message news:%23X4Lle2rJHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have been advised by Trend Micro Consumer Report that their product "Trend
> Micro" does not have any version that is compatible with Internet Explorer
> 8. Indeed, they do not know when such a version will be available.
>
> So if you're using Trend as your Internet Security Suite, you may want to
> wait before installing IE8 or in the alternative, find a suite that is
> compatible.
>
> Indeed, Trend thought that IE8 was still in BETA.
>
> Today I was also advised:
> "In line with your concern, the developers of the program doens't yet
> announce any specific date for the release of the Trend Micro Internet
> Security that is compatible to the IE8. Because the IE8 is still on beta
> stages."
>
> The best Trend can do for customers is to refer them to
> "esupport.trendmicro.com".
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

Re: Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
Version, please, Steve?

Do you think our colleague TaurArian is lying?

Steve Hebert wrote:
> Trendmicro Internet Security and IE8 are working fine together here. (I
> can crash the firewall anytime I want, but that problem is not connected
> IE8 in any way).
>
> Steve
>

> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
>> I have been advised by Trend Micro Consumer Report that their product
>> "Trend Micro" does not have any version that is compatible with Internet
>> Explorer
>> 8. Indeed, they do not know when such a version will be available.
>>
>> So if you're using Trend as your Internet Security Suite, you may want to
>> wait before installing IE8 or in the alternative, find a suite that is
>> compatible.
>>
>> Indeed, Trend thought that IE8 was still in BETA.
>>
>> Today I was also advised:
>> "In line with your concern, the developers of the program doens't yet
>> announce any specific date for the release of the Trend Micro Internet
>> Security that is compatible to the IE8. Because the IE8 is still on beta
>> stages."
>>
>> The best Trend can do for customers is to refer them to
>> "esupport.trendmicro.com".
>>
>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Steve Hebert

Re: Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
It's named Internet Security 2009, but currently the real version number is 17.1.1171. However, at the time I started using IE8 Beta, I would have been using Internet Security 2008 (real version number unknown) which also worked fine.

(the firewall crash thing that I mentioned is unrelated to any version of IE)

Steve

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ua40KFItJHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Version, please, Steve?
>
> Do you think our colleague TaurArian is lying?
>
> Steve Hebert wrote:
>> Trendmicro Internet Security and IE8 are working fine together here. (I
>> can crash the firewall anytime I want, but that problem is not connected
>> IE8 in any way).
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
>>> I have been advised by Trend Micro Consumer Report that their product
>>> "Trend Micro" does not have any version that is compatible with Internet
>>> Explorer
>>> 8. Indeed, they do not know when such a version will be available.
>>>
>>> So if you're using Trend as your Internet Security Suite, you may want to
>>> wait before installing IE8 or in the alternative, find a suite that is
>>> compatible.
>>>
>>> Indeed, Trend thought that IE8 was still in BETA.
>>>
>>> Today I was also advised:
>>> "In line with your concern, the developers of the program doens't yet
>>> announce any specific date for the release of the Trend Micro Internet
>>> Security that is compatible to the IE8. Because the IE8 is still on beta
>>> stages."
>>>
>>> The best Trend can do for customers is to refer them to
>>> "esupport.trendmicro.com".
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>>> ======================================
>>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

TaurArian

Re: Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
Steve

At the time of the original posting Trend consultants could not advise me of
a date when Trend would be compatible. I opened up at least 4 incident
reports with them since the release of IE8 and each time they closed the
reports without a proper response. Indeed, at one stage they still thought
IE8 was still in Beta.

Anyway it's all irrelevant now. Trend have had more than sufficient time to
get things moving in the right direction.

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> It's named Internet Security 2009, but currently the real version number
> is 17.1.1171. However, at the time I started using IE8 Beta, I would
> have been using Internet Security 2008 (real version number unknown) which
> also worked fine.
>
> (the firewall crash thing that I mentioned is unrelated to any version of
> IE)
>
> Steve

> > Version, please, Steve?
> >
> > Do you think our colleague TaurArian is lying?
> >
> > Steve Hebert wrote:
> >> Trendmicro Internet Security and IE8 are working fine together here.

> (I
> >> can crash the firewall anytime I want, but that problem is not

> connected
> >> IE8 in any way).
> >>
> >> Steve
> >>

> >> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message

> Internet

> beta

> or

Steve Hebert

Re: Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
I have not been happy with their support either lately (unrelated to IE8).
Steve

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Steve
>
> At the time of the original posting Trend consultants could not advise me
> of
> a date when Trend would be compatible. I opened up at least 4 incident
> reports with them since the release of IE8 and each time they closed the
> reports without a proper response. Indeed, at one stage they still thought
> IE8 was still in Beta.
>
> Anyway it's all irrelevant now. Trend have had more than sufficient time
> get things moving in the right direction.

> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "Steve Hebert" wrote:
>
>> It's named Internet Security 2009, but currently the real version number
>> is 17.1.1171. However, at the time I started using IE8 Beta, I would
>> have been using Internet Security 2008 (real version number unknown)
>> which
>> also worked fine.
>>
>> (the firewall crash thing that I mentioned is unrelated to any version of
>> IE)
>>
>> Steve

>> > Version, please, Steve?
>> >
>> > Do you think our colleague TaurArian is lying?

>> (I

>> connected

>> Internet

>> beta

>> or

TaurArian

Re: Trend Micro Not Compatible With IE8
Their support over the last 3 years hasn't been good at all. Whenever I've
contacted them about an issue (not related to IE8), they just want to close
the subject. If they can't solve the problem or answer the question, the
ignore you.
I've switched ESET Smart Security.

Kaylene

Steve Hebert wrote:
:: I have not been happy with their support either lately (unrelated to
:: IE8). Steve
::
::