Window defender

Dar

Window defender
I do not know if I am in the right place. I have windows vista home premium.
I also have kaspersky internet security on my computer. I want to know if I
can run windows defender also. It came on my computer when I bought it.
Leonard Grey

Re: Window defender
You shouldn't run two spyware scanning products at the same time. Pick
one and stick with it.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dar wrote:
> I do not know if I am in the right place. I have windows vista home premium.
> I also have kaspersky internet security on my computer. I want to know if I
> can run windows defender also. It came on my computer when I bought it.

Re: Window defender
I disagree with my esteemed colleague Leonard here. Windows Defender and
KIS should co-exist nicely together on your Vista machine.

FYI: Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender
support and comments. See
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx

TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
browser. See instructions on above page.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dar wrote:
> I do not know if I am in the right place. I have windows vista home
> premium.
> I also have kaspersky internet security on my computer. I want to know if
> can run windows defender also. It came on my computer when I bought it.

Dar

Re: Window defender
I want to thank you agian. I will take your advice and keep them both running.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I disagree with my esteemed colleague Leonard here. Windows Defender and
> KIS should co-exist nicely together on your Vista machine.
>
> FYI: Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender
> support and comments. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx
>
> TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
> browser. See instructions on above page.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Dar wrote:
> > I do not know if I am in the right place. I have windows vista home
> > premium.
> > I also have kaspersky internet security on my computer. I want to know if
> > can run windows defender also. It came on my computer when I bought it.

Leonard Grey

Re: Window defender
In fact, Windows Defender is not on the /official/ list of applications
that are not compatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, which can
be found here:
http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2009...?qid=208279751

Nonetheless, opinion is divided in the KIS user forums over whether both
products should be active at the same time on Vista. In any case, one
might ask why one would be interested in Windows Defender when Kaspersky
is on board.

(Since when am I your "esteemed colleague"?)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> I disagree with my esteemed colleague Leonard here. Windows Defender
> and KIS should co-exist nicely together on your Vista machine.
>
> FYI: Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender
> support and comments. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx
>

> TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
> browser. See instructions on above page.

Re: Window defender
(I'm buttering you up for something. <w>)

Leonard Grey wrote:
> In fact, Windows Defender is not on the /official/ list of applications
> that are not compatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, which can
> be found here:
> http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2009...?qid=208279751
>
> Nonetheless, opinion is divided in the KIS user forums over whether both
> products should be active at the same time on Vista. In any case, one
> might ask why one would be interested in Windows Defender when Kaspersky
> is on board.
>
> (Since when am I your "esteemed colleague"?)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> I disagree with my esteemed colleague Leonard here. Windows Defender
>> and KIS should co-exist nicely together on your Vista machine.
>>
>> FYI: Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender
>> support and comments. See
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx
>>

>> TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
>> browser. See instructions on above page.

Max Burke

Re: Window defender
Leonard Grey wrote:
> You shouldn't run two spyware scanning products at the same time. Pick
> one and stick with it.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Dar wrote:
>> I do not know if I am in the right place. I have windows vista home
>> premium. I also have kaspersky internet security on my computer. I
>> want to know if I can run windows defender also. It came on my
>> computer when I bought it.

Why not?
Dar

Re: Window defender
Because if they were well together why not have both for security?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> In fact, Windows Defender is not on the /official/ list of applications
> that are not compatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, which can
> be found here:
> http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2009...?qid=208279751
>
> Nonetheless, opinion is divided in the KIS user forums over whether both
> products should be active at the same time on Vista. In any case, one
> might ask why one would be interested in Windows Defender when Kaspersky
> is on board.
>
> (Since when am I your "esteemed colleague"?)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> > I disagree with my esteemed colleague Leonard here. Windows Defender
> > and KIS should co-exist nicely together on your Vista machine.
> >
> > FYI: Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender
> > support and comments. See
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx
> >

> > TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
> > browser. See instructions on above page.

webster72n

Re: Window defender

> In fact, Windows Defender is not on the /official/ list of applications
> that are not compatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, which can
> be found here:
> http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2009...?qid=208279751
>
> Nonetheless, opinion is divided in the KIS user forums over whether both
> products should be active at the same time on Vista. In any case, one
> might ask why one would be interested in Windows Defender when Kaspersky
> is on board.

The built-in programs have priority status and any others are secondary and
should be treated accordingly, IMHO. <H>.

> (Since when am I your "esteemed colleague"?)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> I disagree with my esteemed colleague Leonard here. Windows Defender and
>> KIS should co-exist nicely together on your Vista machine.
>>
>> FYI: Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender
>> support and comments. See
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx
>> TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
>> browser. See instructions on above page.

RC

Re: Window defender

"Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news82F94AF-2F44-4159-B2F0-02394D389AE1@microsoft.com...
>I do not know if I am in the right place. I have windows vista home
>premium.
> I also have kaspersky internet security on my computer. I want to know if
> can run windows defender also. It came on my computer when I bought it.

I have been running Vista 64 with both Kaspersky and WD with no problems
whatsoever. Keep them both, they work fine together.