Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8

llwright

Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
I just installed IE8. When using SharePoint the ability to switch from the
All Documents view to teh Explorer View does not work. I get a message that
says "Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If Explorer View does not
appear, your browser may not support it".

Is there a fix?
BenPeck

RE: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
Please - someone answer! THANKS
--
Ben Peck

"llwright" wrote:

> I just installed IE8. When using SharePoint the ability to switch from the
> All Documents view to teh Explorer View does not work. I get a message that
> says "Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If Explorer View does not
> appear, your browser may not support it".
>
> Is there a fix?

davido

RE: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
Still not working. C'mon guys. This is a biggie.
Steve Hebert

Re: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
Does the behavior continue if you add the SharePoint site to your trusted
zone?

Does this problem occur on both Vista & XP systems?

What version of SharePoint is in use?

Steve

"davido" <davido@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news07C14FC-553E-484F-9166-10C39AFC2880@microsoft.com...
> Still not working. C'mon guys. This is a biggie.

sculver is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hebert View Post
Does the behavior continue if you add the SharePoint site to your trusted
zone?

Does this problem occur on both Vista & XP systems?

What version of SharePoint is in use?

Steve

"davido" <davido@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news07C14FC-553E-484F-9166-10C39AFC2880@microsoft.com...
> Still not working. C'mon guys. This is a biggie.
My site was in the Local Intranet, tried removing it from there and adding to Trusted, and still will not work in IE 8 (still works fine in 7 and below on other machines). This is an XP SP3 machine, and we are hitting Sharepoint 2007.
FYI, the actual error is, where the explorer view should be, the following is shown "Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If Explorer View does not appear, your browser may not support it."
zarjazz@gmail.com

Re: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
On 15 Apr, 19:52, sculver <sculver.3qp...@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>
wrote:
> Steve Hebert;1221190 Wrote:
>
> > Does the behavior continue if you add the SharePoint site to your
> > trusted
> > zone?

> > Does this problem occur on both Vista & XP systems?

> > What version of SharePoint is in use?

> > Steve

> > "davido" <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news07C14FC-553E-484F-9166-10C39AFC2880@microsoft.com...
> > > Still not working. C'mon guys. This is a biggie.

> My site was in the Local Intranet, tried removing it from there and
> adding to Trusted, and still will not work in IE 8 (still works fine in
> 7 and below on other machines). *This is an XP SP3 machine, and we are
> hitting Sharepoint 2007.
> FYI, the actual error is, where the explorer view should be, the
> following is shown "Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If
> Explorer View does not appear, your browser may not support it."

Got the same problem. Works in Vista, but not in Windows 2003 and XP
SP3 using IE 8
Doesn't work with WSS 2.0 WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007.

With this bug there is no chance any corporations using sharepoint
will be able to upgrade. Tried all known security zones and
compatibility setting I've managed to find, but no change.

Steve Hebert

Re: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
On the problem computers, check the WebClient service. It should be started
and set for automatic startup.

Steve

wrote:
> Steve Hebert;1221190 Wrote:
>
> > Does the behavior continue if you add the SharePoint site to your
> > trusted
> > zone?

> > Does this problem occur on both Vista & XP systems?

> > What version of SharePoint is in use?

> > Steve

> > "davido" <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news07C14FC-553E-484F-9166-10C39AFC2880@microsoft.com...
> > > Still not working. C'mon guys. This is a biggie.

> My site was in the Local Intranet, tried removing it from there and
> adding to Trusted, and still will not work in IE 8 (still works fine in
> 7 and below on other machines). This is an XP SP3 machine, and we are
> hitting Sharepoint 2007.
> FYI, the actual error is, where the explorer view should be, the
> following is shown "Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If
> Explorer View does not appear, your browser may not support it."

Got the same problem. Works in Vista, but not in Windows 2003 and XP
SP3 using IE 8
Doesn't work with WSS 2.0 WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007.

With this bug there is no chance any corporations using sharepoint
will be able to upgrade. Tried all known security zones and
compatibility setting I've managed to find, but no change.

bowmanw

RE: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
I can't get this to work either.... Someone from Microsoft should post the
answer here.

"llwright" wrote:

> I just installed IE8. When using SharePoint the ability to switch from the
> All Documents view to teh Explorer View does not work. I get a message that
> says "Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If Explorer View does not
> appear, your browser may not support it".
>
> Is there a fix?

Jens

RE: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8
Can somebody follow-up here? This is a quite annoying bug in IE8. In IE7 it
works fine.

Thanks in advance

Jens

BTW: My IE8 even gave me an error that the IE8 was not able to build-up a
connection when I tried login-on to this site the first time.
SplashDoggie

Re: Explorer View in SharePoint not working in IE8

Steve Hebert's solution worked for me! I'm on Windows XP, SP3,
SharePoint 3.0.

1. Go to START > RUN
2. Type _services.msc_
3. Locate the _WebClient_ service
4. Open the service and make sure startup is set to _Automatic_. If
service is already stopped, you'll have to hit _START_ after setting to
Automatic.

-Adam

--
SplashDoggie