What's greater than 6 and less than 8?

Carson Oma

What's greater than 6 and less than 8?
I went to pay my cable bill and got the following error on Time Warner
Cable's Web site when using the new version of Internet explorer:

"You have a version of Internet Explorer that is not supported for this
application. Please upgrade to MSIE version greater than 6 and less than 8
by clicking on the following link"

https://twnyc.convergentcare.com/twn...reCustomer.do?
action=initialize

If someone didn't know any better, they would think the site is telling
them to use IE7 in a more complicated way than it should be said.
Eric

Re: What's greater than 6 and less than 8?
At least it didn't say "Please install the version of internet explorer that
is closest to six times two-thirds the square root of pie." ;-)

Eric

"Carson Oma" <anon@aol.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9BDBA8E15CDC3allahjannahedu@216.196.97.131 ...
>I went to pay my cable bill and got the following error on Time Warner
> Cable's Web site when using the new version of Internet explorer:
>
> "You have a version of Internet Explorer that is not supported for this
> application. Please upgrade to MSIE version greater than 6 and less than 8
> by clicking on the following link"
>
> https://twnyc.convergentcare.com/twn...reCustomer.do?
> action=initialize
>
> If someone didn't know any better, they would think the site is telling
> them to use IE7 in a more complicated way than it should be said.

Kevin

Re: What's greater than 6 and less than 8?
Hit the Compatibility button when you go to Time Warner.
The next time you go there IE will remember to view it in Compatibility
mode.
-Kevin

"Carson Oma" <anon@aol.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9BDBA8E15CDC3allahjannahedu@216.196.97.131 ...
>I went to pay my cable bill and got the following error on Time Warner
> Cable's Web site when using the new version of Internet explorer:
>
> "You have a version of Internet Explorer that is not supported for this
> application. Please upgrade to MSIE version greater than 6 and less than 8
> by clicking on the following link"
>
> https://twnyc.convergentcare.com/twn...reCustomer.do?
> action=initialize
>
> If someone didn't know any better, they would think the site is telling
> them to use IE7 in a more complicated way than it should be said.

Re: What's greater than 6 and less than 8?
Well, what version of IE are you running? What's your full Windows version,
too, for that matter?

Carson Oma wrote:
> I went to pay my cable bill and got the following error on Time Warner
> Cable's Web site when using the new version of Internet explorer:
>
> "You have a version of Internet Explorer that is not supported for this
> application. Please upgrade to MSIE version greater than 6 and less than 8
> by clicking on the following link"
>
> https://twnyc.convergentcare.com/twn...reCustomer.do?
> action=initialize
>
> If someone didn't know any better, they would think the site is telling
> them to use IE7 in a more complicated way than it should be said.

VanguardLH

Carson Oma wrote:

> I went to pay my cable bill and got the following error on Time Warner
> Cable's Web site when using the new version of Internet explorer:
>
> "You have a version of Internet Explorer that is not supported for this
> application. Please upgrade to MSIE version greater than 6 and less than 8
> by clicking on the following link"
>
> https://twnyc.convergentcare.com/twn...reCustomer.do?
> action=initialize
>
> If someone didn't know any better, they would think the site is telling
> them to use IE7 in a more complicated way than it should be said.

Use UA Pick to lie to the site about which web browser you are using (in
this case, pick the IE7 template). For this site, even after lying to
it that you are using IE7, you need to use Compatibility mode to display
their web page.

Bayden UAPick
http://www.enhanceie.com/ietoys/uapick.asp