3rd try of IE8

BP

3rd try of IE8
Using XP Home w/SP3

The only problem I'm having is sign-in and keeping it so don't have to
sign-in over-n-over.

I deleted CClearer and SpyBot......

I have the boxes checked in Safety
Persevere Favorites Website Data
Temporary Internet files
Cookies
History
which were the default options when I installed IE8.
But, every time I close down computer, I need to sign-in for MyMsn, Live, my
Bank....and so on, every time.
There got to be a way to save those cookies...like CCleaner did in IE7.
If anyone got a way, PLEASE pass it on
Ben

BP

Re: 3rd try of IE8
Part 2 of question.....
In my cookies directory, for example I see
ben@login.line[1]
ben@login.line[2]
ben@login.line[3]
and more of the same.
Am I going to have hundreds of these is I don't delete?
Also in the bottom right -hand corner I see Restricted Site. Is that suppose
to be there?

"BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Using XP Home w/SP3
>
> The only problem I'm having is sign-in and keeping it so don't have to
> sign-in over-n-over.
>
> I deleted CClearer and SpyBot......
>
> I have the boxes checked in Safety
> Persevere Favorites Website Data
> Temporary Internet files
> Cookies
> History
> which were the default options when I installed IE8.
> But, every time I close down computer, I need to sign-in for MyMsn, Live,
> my Bank....and so on, every time.
> There got to be a way to save those cookies...like CCleaner did in IE7.
> If anyone got a way, PLEASE pass it on
> Ben

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: 3rd try of IE8

"BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ujNJKdxrJHA.4460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Part 2 of question.....
> In my cookies directory, for example I see
> ben@login.line[1]
> ben@login.line[2]
> ben@login.line[3]
> and more of the same.
> Am I going to have hundreds of these is I don't delete?

When do they expire? Open the TIF Viewer (Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V)
and check the properties of one.

> Also in the bottom right -hand corner I see Restricted Site. Is that suppose to be there?

Is it in your Restricted Sites zone?

---

> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%230mMoUxrJHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Using XP Home w/SP3
>>
>> The only problem I'm having is sign-in and keeping it so don't have to sign-in over-n-over.
>>
>> I deleted CClearer and SpyBot......
>>
>> I have the boxes checked in Safety
>> Persevere Favorites Website Data
>> Temporary Internet files
>> Cookies
>> History
>> which were the default options when I installed IE8.
>> But, every time I close down computer, I need to sign-in for MyMsn, Live, my Bank....and so on, every time.
>> There got to be a way to save those cookies...like CCleaner did in IE7.
>> If anyone got a way, PLEASE pass it on
>> Ben

BP

Re: 3rd try of IE8
Checked and find they expire 3/25/09 the 26th and some today the 27th?
No, they are not in my restricted sites...
If I keep (never delete) temporary Internet files, I can log on with out
signing in, but I have end up with thousands of tiny files?
Will give it a few days and see what happens....TG I have a backup image
with IE7.
Ben

> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Part 2 of question.....
>> In my cookies directory, for example I see
>> ben@login.line[1]
>> ben@login.line[2]
>> ben@login.line[3]
>> and more of the same.
>> Am I going to have hundreds of these is I don't delete?

> When do they expire? Open the TIF Viewer (Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V)
> and check the properties of one.
>

>> Also in the bottom right -hand corner I see Restricted Site. Is that
>> suppose to be there?

> Is it in your Restricted Sites zone?
>

> ---
>

>> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Using XP Home w/SP3
>>>
>>> The only problem I'm having is sign-in and keeping it so don't have to
>>> sign-in over-n-over.
>>>
>>> I deleted CClearer and SpyBot......
>>>
>>> I have the boxes checked in Safety
>>> Persevere Favorites Website Data
>>> Temporary Internet files
>>> Cookies
>>> History
>>> which were the default options when I installed IE8.
>>> But, every time I close down computer, I need to sign-in for MyMsn,
>>> Live, my Bank....and so on, every time.
>>> There got to be a way to save those cookies...like CCleaner did in IE7.
>>> If anyone got a way, PLEASE pass it on
>>> Ben

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: 3rd try of IE8

"BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%234UMzjyrJHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Checked and find they expire 3/25/09 the 26th and some today the 27th?
> No, they are not in my restricted sites...

Then I don't understand what you were describing.

> If I keep (never delete) temporary Internet files, I can log on with out
> signing in, but I have end up with thousands of tiny files?

Don't be misled by using the TIF Viewer. It is a composite special view
of both the Cookies and the TIF. Otherwise they are two separate
directories. Deletions of all the files in one does not affect the other.

BTW by "tiny files" are you talking about the 0-byte records that OE
leaves behind?

>>> ben@login.line[2]
>>> ben@login.line[3]
>>> and more of the same.
>>> Am I going to have hundreds of these is I don't delete?

>> When do they expire? Open the TIF Viewer (Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V)
>> and check the properties of one.
>>

>>> Also in the bottom right -hand corner I see Restricted Site. Is that
>>> suppose to be there?

>> Is it in your Restricted Sites zone?
>>

>> ---

Smirnoff

> Using XP Home w/SP3
>
> The only problem I'm having is sign-in and keeping it so don't have to
> sign-in over-n-over.
>
> I deleted CClearer and SpyBot......
>
> I have the boxes checked in Safety
> Persevere Favorites Website Data
> Temporary Internet files
> Cookies
> History
> which were the default options when I installed IE8.
> But, every time I close down computer, I need to sign-in for MyMsn,
> Live, my Bank....and so on, every time.
> There got to be a way to save those cookies...like CCleaner did in
> IE7.
> If anyone got a way, PLEASE pass it on
> Ben

I like CCleaner and was disappointed that it appeared to be incompatible
with IE8 in that it would not retain wanted cookies (sign
in/username/preferences etc.).

The advice in the CC (Piriform) forum was to untick/uncheck the
Index.dat files box under the Windows tab (Internet Explorer).

I first moved all cookies from the "Cookies to keep" column to the
"Cookies to delete" column and ran CC clean up . Unticked Index.dat
files. I then revisited the sites that I wanted to retain information on
(remember me, save log in etc.) and then moved the cookies to CCleaner's
"Cookies to keep" column. Job done.

Regarding Spybot S&D, don't use the immunisation feature (i.e. click the
"undo" button). IE8 now has inbuilt protection for a number of sites and

I run SpywareBlaster, including enabling the Restricted Sites option.

Some have reported that on slower machines, enabling Restricted Sites
also causes problems but I find it doesn't make much difference. If it
does on your machine, disable it and just use IE/Firefox ActiveX and
Cookie protection.

If you do use the Restricted Sites option, you will notice that Spybot
also reports these files as protected if you click "Immunisation".