Add to Favorites in IE8

bpiela

Add to Favorites in IE8
Where is it? If I left click on the Favorites Icon on the Favorites bar and
then left click on the Add To Favorites Menu, I get the option to either add
the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites. I
usually don't want to add all of my open tabs to my Favorites, just the one
that I am interested in. I don't usually use things like the Favorites Bar.
Is there an option somewhere for just adding a single favorite to my
Favorites list?
Paul Smith

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8

"bpiela" <bpiela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where is it? If I left click on the Favorites Icon on the Favorites bar
> and
> then left click on the Add To Favorites Menu, I get the option to either
> add
> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites. I
> usually don't want to add all of my open tabs to my Favorites, just the
> one
> that I am interested in. I don't usually use things like the Favorites
> Bar.
> Is there an option somewhere for just adding a single favorite to my
> Favorites list?

Just click on the left hand side or centre of the Add To Favourites...
button instead of on the drop down menu. That will add it to your
Favourites.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Kevin

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8
>I get the option to either add
> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites.

I only get /those/ options if I click on the down arrow next to the Add to
Favorites... option. If I click on the actual Add to Favorites... item,
then I'm offered the Add a Faorite dialog box.

"bpiela" <bpiela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where is it? If I left click on the Favorites Icon on the Favorites bar
> and
> then left click on the Add To Favorites Menu, I get the option to either
> add
> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites. I
> usually don't want to add all of my open tabs to my Favorites, just the
> one
> that I am interested in. I don't usually use things like the Favorites
> Bar.
> Is there an option somewhere for just adding a single favorite to my
> Favorites list?

bpiela

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8
Thanks very much for pointing out the obvious to me. I should have tried
that first. Thanks very much!

"Kevin" wrote:

> >I get the option to either add
> > the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites.

> I only get /those/ options if I click on the down arrow next to the Add to
> Favorites... option. If I click on the actual Add to Favorites... item,
> then I'm offered the Add a Faorite dialog box.
>

> "bpiela" <bpiela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Where is it? If I left click on the Favorites Icon on the Favorites bar
> > and
> > then left click on the Add To Favorites Menu, I get the option to either
> > add
> > the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites. I
> > usually don't want to add all of my open tabs to my Favorites, just the
> > one
> > that I am interested in. I don't usually use things like the Favorites
> > Bar.
> > Is there an option somewhere for just adding a single favorite to my
> > Favorites list?

Max Burke

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8
Paul Smith wrote:

> "bpiela" <bpiela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Where is it? If I left click on the Favorites Icon on the Favorites
>> bar and
>> then left click on the Add To Favorites Menu, I get the option to
>> either add
>> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites. I
>> usually don't want to add all of my open tabs to my Favorites, just
>> the one
>> that I am interested in. I don't usually use things like the
>> Favorites Bar.
>> Is there an option somewhere for just adding a single favorite to my
>> Favorites list?

> Just click on the left hand side or centre of the Add To Favourites...
> button instead of on the drop down menu. That will add it to your
> Favourites.

Doesn't work for me in IE8 RTM.

Left click just brings up list of favourites as it should. Right click
just brings up the list to select/deselect/lock/unlock tool bars.

All that's available is the 'Add to Favourites Bar' icon.

The only way I can [see to] Add To Favourites is in the Favourites menu.

I haven't figured out if it's a bug (it may be because IE8 RC1 did have
the option) a setting I haven't set, or a new 'feature' Microsoft
thought users wanted, or lack of 'real estate' on the Favourites bar.

Max Burke

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8
Kevin wrote:
>> I get the option to either add
>> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites.

Same with me. It appears the only way of adding a single tab/web page to
favourites is in the favourites menu.

Another thing that was available in IE8 RC1 but has been removed in IE8 RTM.
Max Burke

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8
Max Burke wrote:
> Paul Smith wrote:
>>
>> "bpiela" <bpiela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Where is it? If I left click on the Favorites Icon on the Favorites
>>> bar and
>>> then left click on the Add To Favorites Menu, I get the option to
>>> either add
>>> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites. I
>>> usually don't want to add all of my open tabs to my Favorites, just
>>> the one
>>> that I am interested in. I don't usually use things like the
>>> Favorites Bar.
>>> Is there an option somewhere for just adding a single favorite to my
>>> Favorites list?

>> Just click on the left hand side or centre of the Add To Favourites...
>> button instead of on the drop down menu. That will add it to your
>> Favourites.
>>

> Doesn't work for me in IE8 RTM.
>
> Left click just brings up list of favourites as it should. Right click
> just brings up the list to select/deselect/lock/unlock tool bars.
>
> All that's available is the 'Add to Favourites Bar' icon.
>
> The only way I can [see to] Add To Favourites is in the Favourites menu.
>
> I haven't figured out if it's a bug (it may be because IE8 RC1 did have
> the option) a setting I haven't set, or a new 'feature' Microsoft
> thought users wanted, or lack of 'real estate' on the Favourites bar.

Reply To myself. (red face moment...)

Try reading what is written on the buttons *BEFORE* posting....

I've figured it out now.

ROFL
Max Burke

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8
Max Burke wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
>>> I get the option to either add
>>> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites.

> Same with me. It appears the only way of adding a single tab/web page to
> favourites is in the favourites menu.
>
> Another thing that was available in IE8 RC1 but has been removed in IE8
> RTM.

Reply To myself. (red face moment...)

Try reading what is written on the buttons *BEFORE* posting....

I've figured it out now.

ROFL
Donald Anadell

Re: Add to Favorites in IE8

"Max Burke" <mlvburke@xxxxxxxxxxx.nz> wrote in message
> Kevin wrote:
>>> I get the option to either add
>>> the Favorite to the Favorites Bar or Add Current Tabs to Favorites.

> Same with me. It appears the only way of adding a single tab/web page to
> favourites is in the favourites menu.
>
> Another thing that was available in IE8 RC1 but has been removed in IE8
> RTM.

Hasn't been removed in my installation of IE8 RTM.

If I click on the Yellow Start Icon, the Favorites Center opens up.

The Favorites Center contains three tabs(Favorites, Feeds, History),
directly above those three tabs is another small icon(Yellow Star overlaid
with a Green Plus sign) labeled "Add to Favorites...". Clicking on the
words "Add to Favorites" opens the Add to Favorites dialog box where I can
then save the individual favorite.

If you installation isn't behaving this way then I can only assume that you
have a corrupted install of IE8.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell