Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email

help out

Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
A couple weeks ago, using IE 7.0, I noticed that when I click on a craigslist
post to reply, my yahoo email account opens up but no longer automatically
fills in the subject line. It only happened with one of my yahoo email
accounts, not the others. I noticed this problem a short time after I
installed some kind of Java update. Then last week, I installed IE 8.0
(optimized for yahoo) hoping that would correct the issue but instead things
got worse. Now if I attempt to reply to a craigslist post I simply get
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in all 3 of my yahoo email
accounts. I'm using WinXP Pro sp3 and have my default email setting on yahoo
email.

Re: Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
Yahoo-customized versions of IE7 and IE8 are supported by Yahoo, not MS.
Have you contacted Yahoo Support about these problems?

You're not the first user running the Yahoo-customized version of IE8 to
post about such problems. See thread here with subject "ie8 mailto: link
not working".

You may be better off installing the default IE8 Final from MS and then
installing the most recent version of Yahoo Companion toolbar (on which
Yahoo Mail as default is dependent).

When you use Internet Explorer 8, you cannot access your Webmail:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

help out wrote:
> A couple weeks ago, using IE 7.0, I noticed that when I click on a
> craigslist post to reply, my yahoo email account opens up but no longer
> automatically fills in the subject line. It only happened with one of my
> yahoo email accounts, not the others. I noticed this problem a short time
> after I installed some kind of Java update. Then last week, I installed
> IE
> 8.0 (optimized for yahoo) hoping that would correct the issue but instead
> things got worse. Now if I attempt to reply to a craigslist post I simply
> get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in all 3 of my yahoo
> email accounts. I'm using WinXP Pro sp3 and have my default email setting
> on yahoo email.

help out

Re: Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
Yahoo support just sends standardized replies to my inquiries without even
reading my question.
Now I've lost Yahoo Finance so that supports your idea that it's a yahoo
customized version problem.
The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final? Would I end
up w/IE 7 or IE8? thank you.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Yahoo-customized versions of IE7 and IE8 are supported by Yahoo, not MS.
> Have you contacted Yahoo Support about these problems?
>
> You're not the first user running the Yahoo-customized version of IE8 to
> post about such problems. See thread here with subject "ie8 mailto: link
> not working".
>
> You may be better off installing the default IE8 Final from MS and then
> installing the most recent version of Yahoo Companion toolbar (on which
> Yahoo Mail as default is dependent).
>
> When you use Internet Explorer 8, you cannot access your Webmail:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> help out wrote:
> > A couple weeks ago, using IE 7.0, I noticed that when I click on a
> > craigslist post to reply, my yahoo email account opens up but no longer
> > automatically fills in the subject line. It only happened with one of my
> > yahoo email accounts, not the others. I noticed this problem a short time
> > after I installed some kind of Java update. Then last week, I installed
> > IE
> > 8.0 (optimized for yahoo) hoping that would correct the issue but instead
> > things got worse. Now if I attempt to reply to a craigslist post I simply
> > get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in all 3 of my yahoo
> > email accounts. I'm using WinXP Pro sp3 and have my default email setting
> > on yahoo email.

Re: Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
> The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
> this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final?

No, but it's worth a shot. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <=
Read before using!

Had you installed the Yahoo-customized version of IE7 (AKA Yahoo Browser)?
--
~PA Bear

help out wrote:
> Yahoo support just sends standardized replies to my inquiries without even
> reading my question.
> Now I've lost Yahoo Finance so that supports your idea that it's a yahoo
> customized version problem.
> The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
> this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final? Would I
> end
> up w/IE 7 or IE8? thank you.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Yahoo-customized versions of IE7 and IE8 are supported by Yahoo, not MS.
>> Have you contacted Yahoo Support about these problems?
>>
>> You're not the first user running the Yahoo-customized version of IE8 to
>> post about such problems. See thread here with subject "ie8 mailto: link
>> not working".
>>
>> You may be better off installing the default IE8 Final from MS and then
>> installing the most recent version of Yahoo Companion toolbar (on which
>> Yahoo Mail as default is dependent).
>>
>> When you use Internet Explorer 8, you cannot access your Webmail:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> help out wrote:
>>> A couple weeks ago, using IE 7.0, I noticed that when I click on a
>>> craigslist post to reply, my yahoo email account opens up but no longer
>>> automatically fills in the subject line. It only happened with one of
>>> my
>>> yahoo email accounts, not the others. I noticed this problem a short
>>> time
>>> after I installed some kind of Java update. Then last week, I installed
>>> IE
>>> 8.0 (optimized for yahoo) hoping that would correct the issue but
>>> instead
>>> things got worse. Now if I attempt to reply to a craigslist post I
>>> simply
>>> get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in all 3 of my yahoo
>>> email accounts. I'm using WinXP Pro sp3 and have my default email
>>> setting
>>> on yahoo email.

help out

Re: Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
I had not previously installed the Yahoo cusomized version of IE7. My 1st
yahoo customized version was IE8.
Just completed resetting IE8 back to default. After the reset, it informed
me that I now have IE 8 customized for Yahoo. This is not what I
expected-thought I would end up with a non yahoo customized IE8.
Good news is that I can now reply to c.l. ads from all my yahoo mail
accounts. But the original problematic yahoo account still won't auto fill
the subject line on replies to ads.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> > The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
> > this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final?

> No, but it's worth a shot. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <=
> Read before using!
>
> Had you installed the Yahoo-customized version of IE7 (AKA Yahoo Browser)?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> help out wrote:
> > Yahoo support just sends standardized replies to my inquiries without even
> > reading my question.
> > Now I've lost Yahoo Finance so that supports your idea that it's a yahoo
> > customized version problem.
> > The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
> > this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final? Would I
> > end
> > up w/IE 7 or IE8? thank you.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Yahoo-customized versions of IE7 and IE8 are supported by Yahoo, not MS.
> >> Have you contacted Yahoo Support about these problems?
> >>
> >> You're not the first user running the Yahoo-customized version of IE8 to
> >> post about such problems. See thread here with subject "ie8 mailto: link
> >> not working".
> >>
> >> You may be better off installing the default IE8 Final from MS and then
> >> installing the most recent version of Yahoo Companion toolbar (on which
> >> Yahoo Mail as default is dependent).
> >>
> >> When you use Internet Explorer 8, you cannot access your Webmail:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
Contact Yahoo Support about the "autofill" issues.

Or you may want to:

1. Uninstall the Yahoo-customized IE8 & reboot twice.

2. Uninstall Yahoo Companion toolbar, Yahoo Messenger, and any other Yahoo
software & reboot again.

3. Download/install IE8 final from MS & reboot twice:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

4. As having Yahoo Mail as your default for Mail is dependent on Yahoo
Companion, download/install the current version and select the appropriate
option to make Yahoo the default.

Good luck!

NB: Please note that not all anti-virus, anti-spyware (other than Defender),
and third-party firewalls are supported in IE8 yet. This includes Yahoo's
McAfee and/or Norton "security suites" (both of which should be fully
disabled before installing or uninstalling an IE upgrade or Windows Service
Pack IMHO).

help out wrote:
> I had not previously installed the Yahoo cusomized version of IE7. My 1st
> yahoo customized version was IE8.
> Just completed resetting IE8 back to default. After the reset, it
> informed
> me that I now have IE 8 customized for Yahoo. This is not what I
> expected-thought I would end up with a non yahoo customized IE8.
> Good news is that I can now reply to c.l. ads from all my yahoo mail
> accounts. But the original problematic yahoo account still won't auto
> fill
> the subject line on replies to ads.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
>>> this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final?

>> No, but it's worth a shot. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <=
>> Read before using!
>>
>> Had you installed the Yahoo-customized version of IE7 (AKA Yahoo
>> Browser)?
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> help out wrote:
>>> Yahoo support just sends standardized replies to my inquiries without
>>> even
>>> reading my question.
>>> Now I've lost Yahoo Finance so that supports your idea that it's a yahoo
>>> customized version problem.
>>> The link you sent me recommends "Reset IE Settings" back to default. Is
>>> this what you recommend when you say install default IE Final? Would I
>>> end
>>> up w/IE 7 or IE8? thank you.

help out

Re: Unable to reply to Craigslist posts with yahoo email
PA Bear, To follow your suggestion, I believe I go to add/remove programs,
and I see "Windows IE8" and also "Windows IE8 Software Updates, Update
(KB968220)".
Do I uninstall/remove both of these or will just one kill it off? Also, in
add/remove programs, I see the following Yahoo software: Browser Services,
Install Manager, Internet Mail, Mail Advisor, Messenger, Software Update, and
Toolbar. Do I remove all? And if so, will the Yahoo Companion download be
able to bring it all back? Btw, I don't care abt. Yahoo Messenger. Thanks.