IE8 REMEMBER Passwords

BP

IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
For some reasons I can't find how to set IE8 to remember sign-in and
passwords. It's got to be in Safety=>InPrivates some place.
It's very annoying to type in same info over-n-over.
IF, anyone knows how to fix, PLEASE give a step by step instruction as I'm
getting too old for this........
Ben ˇ┐ˇ

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
Hi,
These AutoComplete options are at Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete>
Settings.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
> For some reasons I can't find how to set IE8 to remember sign-in and
> passwords. It's got to be in Safety=>InPrivates some place.
> It's very annoying to type in same info over-n-over.
> IF, anyone knows how to fix, PLEASE give a step by step instruction as I'm
> getting too old for this........
> Ben ˇ┐ˇ

BP

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
I done that several times...
It not working (remembering passwords) I'm using XP Home w/SP3 if that
helps.
There is got to be another setting I'm over-looking.
Still need to sign-in, ID and & password to log on to my.msn.com and in my
online banking with surecuity questions all the time.
Ben

> Hi,
> These AutoComplete options are at Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete>
> Settings.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> For some reasons I can't find how to set IE8 to remember sign-in and
>> passwords. It's got to be in Safety=>InPrivates some place.
>> It's very annoying to type in same info over-n-over.
>> IF, anyone knows how to fix, PLEASE give a step by step instruction as
>> I'm
>> getting too old for this........
>> Ben ˇ┐ˇ

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
Hi,
Most banking and other secure sites will not allow passwords to be saved.

Hotmail and other Live sites have never allowed me to save the password. I
would not be surprised if My MSN also does not allow password caching.

It's possible that cookies aren't being written/updated or are being
deleted. A cookie would allow the site to fill in your username/ID. But, a
banking site would still probably not allow a password to be saved.

From Internet Options> Privacy, try placing the sites in the Always allow
list and check settings of third-party programs to see if one of them is
managing, blocking or deleting cookies.

At my.msn.com are you checking the "Remember me" / "Remenber password"
boxes?

> I done that several times...
> It not working (remembering passwords) I'm using XP Home w/SP3 if that
> helps.
> There is got to be another setting I'm over-looking.
> Still need to sign-in, ID and & password to log on to my.msn.com and in my
> online banking with surecuity questions all the time.
> Ben

> > Hi,
> > These AutoComplete options are at Internet Options> Content>

AutoComplete>
> > Settings.

> > "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> For some reasons I can't find how to set IE8 to remember sign-in and
> >> passwords. It's got to be in Safety=>InPrivates some place.
> >> It's very annoying to type in same info over-n-over.
> >> IF, anyone knows how to fix, PLEASE give a step by step instruction as
> >> I'm
> >> getting too old for this........
> >> Ben ˇ┐ˇ

BP

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
I use CCleaner, and It does save my password for my online backing and my
sign-in and every other Id I need when I was using IE7.
as to your suggestion I always check => "Remember me" / "Remember password"
boxes.
Anyway thanks for you replies......
Ben

> Hi,
> Most banking and other secure sites will not allow passwords to be saved.
>
> Hotmail and other Live sites have never allowed me to save the password. I
> would not be surprised if My MSN also does not allow password caching.
>
> It's possible that cookies aren't being written/updated or are being
> deleted. A cookie would allow the site to fill in your username/ID. But, a
> banking site would still probably not allow a password to be saved.
>
> From Internet Options> Privacy, try placing the sites in the Always allow
> list and check settings of third-party programs to see if one of them is
> managing, blocking or deleting cookies.
>
> At my.msn.com are you checking the "Remember me" / "Remenber password"
> boxes?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> I done that several times...
>> It not working (remembering passwords) I'm using XP Home w/SP3 if that
>> helps.
>> There is got to be another setting I'm over-looking.
>> Still need to sign-in, ID and & password to log on to my.msn.com and in
>> my
>> online banking with surecuity questions all the time.
>> Ben

>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > These AutoComplete options are at Internet Options> Content>

> AutoComplete>
>> > Settings.

Smirnoff

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
I too use CCleaner to manage cookies and have the same problem. None of
the settings that I try to save are present when I re-boot. With IE7 I
had no problem.

It's true that my bank never let me save my password but it did download
a permanent(?) cookie to allow me to save my membership number. It is no
longer present when I re-boot even though the cookie is kept in
CCleaner's "cookies to keep" column. When I sign in to BT Yahoo, with
"keep me signed in to this computer for two weeks" ticked, I have to
sign in again after re-boot.

Various viewing preferences for different pages (TV Channels, show posts
in ascending/descending order etc.) are not retained. All are in
CCleaner's "cookies to keep".

Is it possibly a conflict with CCleaner or a general bug?

> I use CCleaner, and It does save my password for my online backing and
> my sign-in and every other Id I need when I was using IE7.
> as to your suggestion I always check => "Remember me" / "Remember
> password" boxes.
> Anyway thanks for you replies......
> Ben

>> Hi,
>> Most banking and other secure sites will not allow passwords to be
>> saved.
>>
>> Hotmail and other Live sites have never allowed me to save the
>> password. I
>> would not be surprised if My MSN also does not allow password
>> caching.
>>
>> It's possible that cookies aren't being written/updated or are being
>> deleted. A cookie would allow the site to fill in your username/ID.
>> But, a
>> banking site would still probably not allow a password to be saved.
>>
>> From Internet Options> Privacy, try placing the sites in the Always
>> allow
>> list and check settings of third-party programs to see if one of them
>> is
>> managing, blocking or deleting cookies.
>>
>> At my.msn.com are you checking the "Remember me" / "Remenber
>> password"
>> boxes?
>>
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>

>> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> I done that several times...
>>> It not working (remembering passwords) I'm using XP Home w/SP3 if
>>> that
>>> helps.
>>> There is got to be another setting I'm over-looking.
>>> Still need to sign-in, ID and & password to log on to my.msn.com and
>>> in my
>>> online banking with surecuity questions all the time.
>>> Ben

>>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message

>> AutoComplete>

BP

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
I Don't know....I'm looking for an answer.
All I want is to be able to log into MyMsn without having to put in my ID &
password.
I want to be able to log into my Bank without being ask over-n-over-n-over
the security questions.
I tried many different setting with CClearer with no luck.
I do hope someone finds a solution.......
Ben

"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>I too use CCleaner to manage cookies and have the same problem. None of the
>settings that I try to save are present when I re-boot. With IE7 I had no
>problem.
>
> It's true that my bank never let me save my password but it did download a
> permanent(?) cookie to allow me to save my membership number. It is no
> longer present when I re-boot even though the cookie is kept in CCleaner's
> "cookies to keep" column. When I sign in to BT Yahoo, with "keep me signed
> in to this computer for two weeks" ticked, I have to sign in again after
> re-boot.
>
> Various viewing preferences for different pages (TV Channels, show posts
> in ascending/descending order etc.) are not retained. All are in
> CCleaner's "cookies to keep".
>
> Is it possibly a conflict with CCleaner or a general bug?
>

> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> I use CCleaner, and It does save my password for my online backing and my
>> sign-in and every other Id I need when I was using IE7.
>> as to your suggestion I always check => "Remember me" / "Remember
>> password" boxes.
>> Anyway thanks for you replies......
>> Ben
>>

>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> Most banking and other secure sites will not allow passwords to be
>>> saved.
>>>
>>> Hotmail and other Live sites have never allowed me to save the password.
>>> would not be surprised if My MSN also does not allow password caching.
>>>
>>> It's possible that cookies aren't being written/updated or are being
>>> deleted. A cookie would allow the site to fill in your username/ID. But,
>>> banking site would still probably not allow a password to be saved.
>>>
>>> From Internet Options> Privacy, try placing the sites in the Always
>>> allow
>>> list and check settings of third-party programs to see if one of them is
>>> managing, blocking or deleting cookies.
>>>
>>> At my.msn.com are you checking the "Remember me" / "Remenber password"
>>> boxes?
>>>
>>> Don
>>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>>

>>> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> AutoComplete>

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
CCleaner caused cookie problems with IE7, even when Cookie Manager wasn't
being used. Uninstall CCleaner to see if it's causing the problems.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I use CCleaner, and It does save my password for my online backing and my
> sign-in and every other Id I need when I was using IE7.
> as to your suggestion I always check => "Remember me" / "Remember

password"
> boxes.
> Anyway thanks for you replies......
> Ben

> > Hi,
> > Most banking and other secure sites will not allow passwords to be

saved.

> > Hotmail and other Live sites have never allowed me to save the password.

> > would not be surprised if My MSN also does not allow password caching.
> >
> > It's possible that cookies aren't being written/updated or are being
> > deleted. A cookie would allow the site to fill in your username/ID. But,

> > banking site would still probably not allow a password to be saved.
> >
> > From Internet Options> Privacy, try placing the sites in the Always

allow
> > list and check settings of third-party programs to see if one of them is
> > managing, blocking or deleting cookies.
> >
> > At my.msn.com are you checking the "Remember me" / "Remenber password"
> > boxes?

> > "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> I done that several times...
> >> It not working (remembering passwords) I'm using XP Home w/SP3 if that
> >> helps.
> >> There is got to be another setting I'm over-looking.
> >> Still need to sign-in, ID and & password to log on to my.msn.com and in
> >> my
> >> online banking with surecuity questions all the time.
> >> Ben

> >> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message

> > AutoComplete> Settings.

as

Smirnoff

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords

Even though I use CCleaner to manage temp and cookies, thought I'd look
in IE8 just in case there was a default clear out.

In Tools>Internet Options>Delete browsing history...., I unticked
"Cookies", even though the sites are in Favourites and the "Preserve
favourites ...." remains ticked. No luck.

Hopefully somebody will come up with a solution

> I Don't know....I'm looking for an answer.
> All I want is to be able to log into MyMsn without having to put in my
> ID & password.
> I want to be able to log into my Bank without being ask
> over-n-over-n-over the security questions.
> I tried many different setting with CClearer with no luck.
> I do hope someone finds a solution.......
> Ben
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>I too use CCleaner to manage cookies and have the same problem. None
>>of the settings that I try to save are present when I re-boot. With
>>IE7 I had no problem.
>>
>> It's true that my bank never let me save my password but it did
>> download a permanent(?) cookie to allow me to save my membership
>> number. It is no longer present when I re-boot even though the cookie
>> is kept in CCleaner's "cookies to keep" column. When I sign in to BT
>> Yahoo, with "keep me signed in to this computer for two weeks"
>> ticked, I have to sign in again after re-boot.
>>
>> Various viewing preferences for different pages (TV Channels, show
>> posts in ascending/descending order etc.) are not retained. All are
>> in CCleaner's "cookies to keep".
>>
>> Is it possibly a conflict with CCleaner or a general bug?
>>

>> "BP" <nyc2233@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> I use CCleaner, and It does save my password for my online backing
>>> and my sign-in and every other Id I need when I was using IE7.
>>> as to your suggestion I always check => "Remember me" / "Remember
>>> password" boxes.
>>> Anyway thanks for you replies......
>>> Ben

BP

Re: IE8 REMEMBER Passwords
That was it!! I deleted CCleaner and now, no more Sign-In, goes directly to
myMsn and online banking is OK too.
THANKS
Ben