ENABLE COOKIES

Val

ENABLE COOKIES
I have tried to enable cookies on my new laptop, which uses Internet Explorer
7, by following the instructions given on the Microsoft website, but it does
not work. Can anyone help me to get cookies working?
--
Val
Mellowed

Re: ENABLE COOKIES
Val wrote:
> I have tried to enable cookies on my new laptop, which uses Internet Explorer
> 7, by following the instructions given on the Microsoft website, but it does
> not work. Can anyone help me to get cookies working?

From IE7, try TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PRIVACY, ADVANCED. Then check
your choice.

Re: ENABLE COOKIES
IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy:

=> Advanced | choose as desired

=> Sites | type domain in box (e.g., hotmail.com) then Allow cookies.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Val wrote:
> I have tried to enable cookies on my new laptop, which uses Internet
> Explorer 7, by following the instructions given on the Microsoft website,
> but it does not work. Can anyone help me to get cookies working?

Val

ENABLE COOKIES
I am grateful for your help - I did follow your instructions exactly, but
each time I try to open the website for the 1911 cencus of the uk it still
tells me to 'enable cookies'. Have you any other suggestions?

Val

Re: ENABLE COOKIES
Original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6ac882770c8d05

Can you post the URL for the website in question, please?

Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?

Was UAC enabled when you followed my instructions?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Val wrote:
> I am grateful for your help - I did follow your instructions exactly, but
> each time I try to open the website for the 1911 cencus of the uk it still
> tells me to 'enable cookies'. Have you any other suggestions?

Val

Re: ENABLE COOKIES
The website I am trying to enable is www.1911census.co.uk
When I type the address in I am told that I have enetered an invalid domain!?
I am running VistaOS Home Premium
Sorry about my ignorance, but what is UAC?
AVG 7.5 Internet Security and anti-spware is installed on my machine, with
Windows firewall and Defender

Thanks for trying to help me.

Val

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Original thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6ac882770c8d05
>
> Can you post the URL for the website in question, please?
>
> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?
>
> Was UAC enabled when you followed my instructions?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Val wrote:
> > I am grateful for your help - I did follow your instructions exactly, but
> > each time I try to open the website for the 1911 cencus of the uk it still
> > tells me to 'enable cookies'. Have you any other suggestions?

Re: ENABLE COOKIES
Are you running Vista or Vista SP1?

A1. You want to Allow cookies for "1911census.co.uk" (w/out the quotes; no
'www' prefix).

A2a. Explore the features: User Account Control:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...t-control.aspx

What is User Account Control? - Windows Vista Help:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...665471033.mspx

How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708

A2b. Explore the features: Internet Explorer Dynamic Security Protection:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...abid=1&catid=1

What does Internet Explorer protected mode (PMIE) do? - Windows Vista Help:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...013031033.mspx

Understanding and Working in Protected Mode Internet Explorer (PMIE):

A3. Support for AVG 7.5 Internet Security is about to end. (Actually,
Grisoft has repeatedly extended the original 31 Dec-08 deadline so who knows
what the deadline is now?) Please contact AVG Support ASAP for instructions
on upgrading to AVG 8.x Internet Security.

Support for AVG Anti-Spyware ended in May-08.

You're welcome, Val. Good luck.
--
~PA Bear