IE8 Add-on highlight button

Isotob

IE8 Add-on highlight button
Personally I don't really understand the point of the button that appears
when text or any other selection is highlighted. In my opinion it is a
complete waste of space mostly because it provides the same options as can be
found by right clicking (in terms of add-ons). What bothers me even more is
that there is no way to turn it off, and it gets in my way. I highlight
while reading, and the button always blocks out text and then I try to
continue on and click to deselect everything so it will disappear, and I end
up clicking on it.

Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture, but I really don't see the point of
wasting memory on it. At least let people such as myself turn it off
completely.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Donald Anadell

Re: IE8 Add-on highlight button

"Isotob" <Isotob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Personally I don't really understand the point of the button that appears
> when text or any other selection is highlighted. In my opinion it is a
> complete waste of space mostly because it provides the same options as can
> be
> found by right clicking (in terms of add-ons). What bothers me even more
> is
> that there is no way to turn it off, and it gets in my way. I highlight
> while reading, and the button always blocks out text and then I try to
> continue on and click to deselect everything so it will disappear, and I
> end
> up clicking on it.
>
> Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture, but I really don't see the point of
> wasting memory on it. At least let people such as myself turn it off
> completely.

Tools||Internet Options||Advanced(tab)||Browsing(section)

Remove the checkmark from "Display Accelerator button on selection".

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Add-on highlight button
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including Home, Pro, Media Center, SP level- SP1,
SP2, etc.)

Group Policy Editor is not available on all versions of Vista or XP, but if
Start> Run> gpedit.msc opens Policy Editor, you can disable Accelerators.

The option is at User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows
Components> Internet Exp;lore> Accelerators.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]