"Recent Pages"

Wishva

"Recent Pages"
The button "Recen Pages" in the IE8 seems to be unresponsive when clicked on
it. It doesn't display the usual list of visited web sites. If that bug could
be fixed it would be Great!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Donald Anadell

Re: "Recent Pages"

"Wishva" <Wishva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The button "Recen Pages" in the IE8 seems to be unresponsive when clicked
> on
> it. It doesn't display the usual list of visited web sites. If that bug
> could
> be fixed it would be Great!!

The "Recent Pages" button is a per session fuction. When you first open the
Browser it is unresponsive until you actually visit a page other than your
Homepage. After you actually visit a site the Recent Pages button should
bolden and then become responsive.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Bob

Re: "Recent Pages"
Donald,

I am having that same problem, but its only on one computer. On other
computers running Windows XP Home and Windows XP Pro, it works. But on one
with XP Pro, it doesn't. You click on the little down arrow and nothing
happens. Unfortunately, this is my main computer. So I went back to IE7.

Is there a setting or something blocking this drop down?

Bob

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Wishva" <Wishva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The button "Recen Pages" in the IE8 seems to be unresponsive when clicked
> > on
> > it. It doesn't display the usual list of visited web sites. If that bug
> > could
> > be fixed it would be Great!!

> The "Recent Pages" button is a per session fuction. When you first open the
> Browser it is unresponsive until you actually visit a page other than your
> Homepage. After you actually visit a site the Recent Pages button should
> bolden and then become responsive.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Donald Anadell

Re: "Recent Pages"

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Donald,
>
> I am having that same problem, but its only on one computer. On other
> computers running Windows XP Home and Windows XP Pro, it works. But on
> one
> with XP Pro, it doesn't. You click on the little down arrow and nothing
> happens. Unfortunately, this is my main computer. So I went back to IE7.
>
> Is there a setting or something blocking this drop down?

No setting that I'm aware of Bob. As I mentioned to the Original Poster,
that "Recent Pages" arrow button will not become active until you have
visited more than one site in the current Browser window or a TAB.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Bob
>

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Wishva" <Wishva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The button "Recen Pages" in the IE8 seems to be unresponsive when
>> > clicked
>> > on
>> > it. It doesn't display the usual list of visited web sites. If that bug
>> > could
>> > be fixed it would be Great!!

>> The "Recent Pages" button is a per session fuction. When you first open
>> the
>> Browser it is unresponsive until you actually visit a page other than
>> your
>> Homepage. After you actually visit a site the Recent Pages button should
>> bolden and then become responsive.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Dan

Re: "Recent Pages"
I think that Donald must think we are novices. YES WE DID VISIT OTHER
WEBSITES BEFORE TRYING THE RECENT PAGES BUTTON AND IT STILL DOESN"T WORK!!!
How do we fix it?

>I think that Donald must think we are novices.

Donald doesn't think any such thing. I'm Donald so I should know

> YES WE DID VISIT OTHER
> WEBSITES BEFORE TRYING THE RECENT PAGES BUTTON AND IT STILL DOESN"T
> WORK!!!

No need to shout. Why are you hijacking this thread instead of starting
your own thread with regard to your issues? Posting your own thread helps
to avoid confusion.

> How do we fix it?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far to help resolve this
issue?
Have you tried starting IE8 in no add-ons mode to see if the problem
persists?

Do you have "Trusteer Rapport" installed on your machine, it been known to
cause this issue with the Recent Pages arrow not working.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell