TAB key in Address Bar not working

cirrus minor

TAB key in Address Bar not working
I was able to switch between "Favorites" and "History" using the Tab key --
the focus would switch from "Favorites" to "History" but now when I hit the
Tab key, it just switches between each entry under the headers.

The IEBlog team mentioned this feature when Beta 2 came out but it's now
disabled?

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-features.aspx

I tried it with IE no-addons and it doesn't work either. I'm using XP SP 3.
--
cirrus minor
Donald Anadell

Re: TAB key in Address Bar not working

"cirrus minor" <cirrusminor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was able to switch between "Favorites" and "History" using the Tab key --
> the focus would switch from "Favorites" to "History" but now when I hit
> the
> Tab key, it just switches between each entry under the headers.
>
> The IEBlog team mentioned this feature when Beta 2 came out but it's now
> disabled?
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-features.aspx
>
> I tried it with IE no-addons and it doesn't work either. I'm using XP SP
> 3.

I don't see any reference to using the TAB key to switch between Favorites
and History in the Favorites Center in the Blog you quoted. The Keyboard
shortcuts referenced in that Blog refer to the Address bar. Far as I can
tell the only way to switch between the Favorites tab and History tab in the
Favorites Center is to use their respective shortcuts:

Favorites = ALT + C
History = CTRL + H

You can't use the TAB key to switch between them in the Favorites Center.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> --
> cirrus minor

cirrus minor

Re: TAB key in Address Bar not working
Hi Donald,

Sorry. I should have pointed out where on the blog entry does it mention
using the Tab key to switch between the Address Bar drop-down headers.

If you go back to the blog entry (link below) and see at the section under
the second screenshot titled "Navigating with the keyboard", the IE team
bloged "Use the TAB key to move between section headers; the TAB key will
skip over items. If you want to expand or collapse any section with the
mouse, just TAB to it, then hit the SPACE or ENTER key. "

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-features.aspx

Thanks for the reply.
--
cirrus minor

> Hi Donald,
>
> Sorry. I should have pointed out where on the blog entry does it mention
> using the Tab key to switch between the Address Bar drop-down headers.

Yes, I saw the reference to using the TAB key in the Address bar. I
missread your original post, I assume you were referring to the Favorites
Center and not the Address bar.

Sorry I don't have anything else to add, maybe a Keyboard Commando will come
along here with a better response for you.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> If you go back to the blog entry (link below) and see at the section under
> the second screenshot titled "Navigating with the keyboard", the IE team
> bloged "Use the TAB key to move between section headers; the TAB key will
> skip over items. If you want to expand or collapse any section with the
> mouse, just TAB to it, then hit the SPACE or ENTER key. "
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-features.aspx
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> --
> cirrus minor
>

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "cirrus minor" <cirrusminor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was able to switch between "Favorites" and "History" using the Tab
>> >key --
>> > the focus would switch from "Favorites" to "History" but now when I hit
>> > the
>> > Tab key, it just switches between each entry under the headers.
>> >
>> > The IEBlog team mentioned this feature when Beta 2 came out but it's
>> > now
>> > disabled?
>> >
>> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-features.aspx
>> >
>> > I tried it with IE no-addons and it doesn't work either. I'm using XP
>> > SP
>> > 3.

>> I don't see any reference to using the TAB key to switch between
>> Favorites
>> and History in the Favorites Center in the Blog you quoted. The Keyboard
>> shortcuts referenced in that Blog refer to the Address bar. Far as I can
>> tell the only way to switch between the Favorites tab and History tab in
>> the
>> Favorites Center is to use their respective shortcuts:
>>
>> Favorites = ALT + C
>> History = CTRL + H
>>
>> You can't use the TAB key to switch between them in the Favorites Center.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > --
>> > cirrus minor

cirrus minor

Re: TAB key in Address Bar not working
Thank you for your assistance Donald :-)

Can I ask you a quick question? Is the keyboard shortcut mentioned on the
IEBlog working for you? I would like to know since if it is working for you,
then it might be something at my end that isn't working, but if you're
noticing the same thing, it's something else.

Thanks again.

--
cirrus minor

> Thank you for your assistance Donald :-)
>
> Can I ask you a quick question? Is the keyboard shortcut mentioned on the
> IEBlog working for you? I would like to know since if it is working for
> you,
> then it might be something at my end that isn't working, but if you're
> noticing the same thing, it's something else.

Sorry cirrus minor, I don't use the IE8 Smart Address Bar feature on my
Windows XP installations here so I'm unable to test it for you.

Donald Anadell

> Thanks again.
>
> --
> cirrus minor
>

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "cirrus minor" <cirrusminor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Donald,
>> >
>> > Sorry. I should have pointed out where on the blog entry does it
>> > mention
>> > using the Tab key to switch between the Address Bar drop-down headers.

>> Yes, I saw the reference to using the TAB key in the Address bar. I
>> missread your original post, I assume you were referring to the Favorites
>> Center and not the Address bar.
>>
>> Sorry I don't have anything else to add, maybe a Keyboard Commando will
>> come
>> along here with a better response for you.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > If you go back to the blog entry (link below) and see at the section
>> > under
>> > the second screenshot titled "Navigating with the keyboard", the IE
>> > team
>> > bloged "Use the TAB key to move between section headers; the TAB key
>> > will
>> > skip over items. If you want to expand or collapse any section with the
>> > mouse, just TAB to it, then hit the SPACE or ENTER key. "
>> >
>> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-features.aspx
>> >
>> > Thanks for the reply.
>> > --
>> > cirrus minor

cirrus minor

Re: TAB key in Address Bar not working
Oh, I see :-) Well, I guess I'll just wait to see if someone else replies (I
really hope someone replies!).

Thanks again for the assistance Donald! Much appreciated.

--
cirrus minor