Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation

The Black

Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
Vista Ultimate.
Eric

RE: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation

"The Black" wrote:

> Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
> open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
> on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
> own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
> Vista Ultimate.

Same problem here - Vista Home Premium 32bit SP1- first IE8 install (no
previous betas). Also - can't right click to select folder - crashes. This
is a load of crap for a browser that was in beta for so long!! Posting from
Mozilla as IE8 is useless - getting ready to un-install IE8 and am prepared
for a format as these problems are too deeply embedded in Vista - nice work.
This is the first of MANY problem in the last 24 hours.
Stubbo of Oz

Re: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:48:22 -0700, The Black <The
Black@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
>open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
>on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
>own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
>Vista Ultimate.

Absolutely no problems installing and using IE8 - using Vista Home
Premium SP1

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
JIV

"The Black" wrote:

> Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
> open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
> on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
> own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
> Vista Ultimate.

Same problem here. Its piece of crap, how can they release something like
that...
jsaonline

On Mar 21, 5:21*am, Stubbo of Oz <stu...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:48:22 -0700, The Black <The
>
> Bl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer startedto
> >open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
> >on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
> >own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
> >Vista Ultimate.

> Absolutely no problems installing and using IE8 - using Vista Home
> Premium SP1
>
> --
> ----------------
> Stubbo of Oz
> ----------------

I have this same issue! What the hell is going on?
syl74

RE: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
Same problem for me as well on Vista32 bit up-to-date 32bit
"JIV" wrote:

> "The Black" wrote:
>
> > Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
> > open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
> > on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
> > own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
> > Vista Ultimate.

> Same problem here. Its piece of crap, how can they release something like
> that...

syl74

RE: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
Please help!

"JIV" wrote:

> "The Black" wrote:
>
> > Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
> > open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
> > on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
> > own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
> > Vista Ultimate.

> Same problem here. Its piece of crap, how can they release something like
> that...

Tetherwald

RE: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
They force this crapware out through auto-updates, and then expect me to PAY
for support? Ludicrous. I'll be far more careful in what garbage I accept
from MicroSuck in the future.

"syl74" wrote:

> Please help!
>
> "JIV" wrote:
>
> > "The Black" wrote:
> >
> > > Yesterday after restart after IE8 installation, Windows explorer started to
> > > open folders in new window. I checked Folder options in CP and there is check
> > > on "Open each folder in same window". Once I checked "open each folder in its
> > > own window", folders stared to open in SAME window. I'm using up to date
> > > Vista Ultimate.

> > Same problem here. Its piece of crap, how can they release something like
> > that...

Re: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
Feel better now?

IE8 does NOT install without your approval.

Automatic Updates can be configured such that IE8 would not have downloaded.

Tetherwald wrote:
> They force this crapware out through auto-updates, and then expect me to
> PAY
> for support? Ludicrous. I'll be far more careful in what garbage I
> accept
> from MicroSuck in the future.

bigmac4029 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows explorer messed up after IE8 installation
Hold on a moment...

I dont think its appropriate to tell people that they could of stopped a particular update from installing. A lot of people running M$ Operating Systems are not the greatest of computer users and rely on M$ updates to keep them up-to-date and secure. M$ themselves plaster the "importance" of automatic updates all throughout Windows.

So tech heads have to remember, many people innocently do M$ updates as they are instructed. They had no idea at the time that M$ IE8 was destined to cause a problem after the update.

And I will tell you now that the problem with "Open Folders In Same Window" and "Open Link In New Tab" and "Open Link In New Window" is a legitimate issue that MANY people are experiencing so it's not fair to even say "it must be your end". M$ O/S is always "your end" but they trust M$ to perform updates flawlessly. Even I got the problem described above and I have been a software engineer for 10 years and know that something in the last update causes the problem. Some people have reported that uninstalling IE8 fixed it. However having to uninstall something all the time isnt the best approach to take. So im sure M$ have recognized the problem and will release a fix.

So please respect the not so techy persons.

Cheers,
Mac