IE8 Save tabs before closing

deerslayer

IE8 Save tabs before closing
Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way for IE8 to save tabs upon closing so
it can offer the option to reopen those tabs next time IE8 is run. This is
a standard option in other browsers such as Firefox. Is there a way to get
IE8 to do this?

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Save tabs before closing
Hi,
Not as convenient as it could be, but from Favorites in the Menu Bar, click
on Add current tabs to Favorites.

From the Favorites Center, click the down arrow beside "Add to Favorites"
then Add current tabs to Favorites.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"deerslayer" <ds@noemail.com> wrote in message
news:zJSwl.18401$qa.10504@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
> Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way for IE8 to save tabs upon closing

so
> it can offer the option to reopen those tabs next time IE8 is run. This

is
> a standard option in other browsers such as Firefox. Is there a way to

get
> IE8 to do this?

VanguardLH

deerslayer wrote:

> Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way for IE8 to save tabs upon closing so
> it can offer the option to reopen those tabs next time IE8 is run. This is
> a standard option in other browsers such as Firefox. Is there a way to get
> IE8 to do this?

When you click on a new tab, or you set your home page to about:tabs,
don't you see a selection there to reopen your last visited tabs?
deerslayer

VanguardLH wrote:
> deerslayer wrote:
>
>> Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way for IE8 to save tabs upon
>> closing so it can offer the option to reopen those tabs next time
>> IE8 is run. This is a standard option in other browsers such as
>> Firefox. Is there a way to get IE8 to do this?

> When you click on a new tab, or you set your home page to about:tabs,
> don't you see a selection there to reopen your last visited tabs?

Yes I do! I didn't notice that before. Thanks.

Re: IE8 Save tabs before closing
See
http://blogs.msdn.com/askie/archive/...n-in-ie-8.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

deerslayer wrote:
> Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way for IE8 to save tabs upon closing
> so
> it can offer the option to reopen those tabs next time IE8 is run. This
> is
> a standard option in other browsers such as Firefox. Is there a way to
> get
> IE8 to do this?

koolkanga is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE8 Save tabs before closing
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
Maybe I missed it but I don't see a way for IE8 to save tabs upon closing so
it can offer the option to reopen those tabs next time IE8 is run. This is
a standard option in other browsers such as Firefox. Is there a way to get
IE8 to do this?
Gidday deerslayer, hope I can be of assistance. I have been using Firefox 3 for a long time now, but I am put off by frequent unexplained crashes and bloated memory usage if you have too many tabs open.

I have recently installed IE8 running Windows XP and I am really happy so far, as another side issue of Firefox is that it is not compatible with every website, but IE is and seems more reliable.

It's a piece of cake really! Just go to the Tools menu. Click Internet Options, go to Homepage (At top of drop down menu) to create Home Page Tabs.

Click the left hand side button "Use current" and all the current tabs you have open, will show in window. Click the OK button and click the X close button on top RH of IE8 browser page, or File - Exit, whatever you prefer.

Next time you go startup IE8, there are all your tabs. it works fine, I have tried it with 6 tabs, not sure what the maximum would be and it loads a lot quicker than Firefox.
rob^_^

Re: IE8 Save tabs before closing
Hi,

Tools>Reopen Last Browsing Session