IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...

Leon

IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
I installed IE8.

1. I noticed is that during install I chose to customize search providers
and accelerators. Accelerators page opened fine, but search providers tab
page crashed with IE crash dialog for the tab page poping up.

2. I was unable to open any pages by right clicking links and choosing open
in new tab window from the menu. The new tab would open and then get stuck at
Connecting... I did some research and found similar issues with IE8 beta 2. I
tried disabling quick tabs option, restarting IE, but the issue was still
present. I tried another suggestion of running IE8 as Administrator and
opening new tab pages from links. It kind of worked. The title now was shoing
the page url instead of Connecting..., but the page was not loading. I closed
IE8 and restarted IE8 under regular user. So far opening in new tab pages
works.
rob^_^

Re: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
Hi Leon,

new user account works.... suggests that one of your IE Addons (installed on
the previous account) is incompatible.

If the Google toolbar is installed update to v5 or v6 beta at
toolbar.google.com

Regards.

"Leon" <Leon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed IE8.
>
> 1. I noticed is that during install I chose to customize search providers
> and accelerators. Accelerators page opened fine, but search providers tab
> page crashed with IE crash dialog for the tab page poping up.
>
> 2. I was unable to open any pages by right clicking links and choosing
> open
> in new tab window from the menu. The new tab would open and then get stuck
> at
> Connecting... I did some research and found similar issues with IE8 beta
> 2. I
> tried disabling quick tabs option, restarting IE, but the issue was still
> present. I tried another suggestion of running IE8 as Administrator and
> opening new tab pages from links. It kind of worked. The title now was
> shoing
> the page url instead of Connecting..., but the page was not loading. I
> closed
> IE8 and restarted IE8 under regular user. So far opening in new tab pages
> works.

Don Varnau

Re: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
Hi,
First check for an incompatible browser add-on.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
- - -
Next try a reset of IE.
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us
- - -
Then...
If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program as
the cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Leon" <Leon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed IE8.
>
> 1. I noticed is that during install I chose to customize search providers
> and accelerators. Accelerators page opened fine, but search providers tab
> page crashed with IE crash dialog for the tab page poping up.
>
> 2. I was unable to open any pages by right clicking links and choosing

open
> in new tab window from the menu. The new tab would open and then get stuck

at
> Connecting... I did some research and found similar issues with IE8 beta

2. I
> tried disabling quick tabs option, restarting IE, but the issue was still
> present. I tried another suggestion of running IE8 as Administrator and
> opening new tab pages from links. It kind of worked. The title now was

shoing
> the page url instead of Connecting..., but the page was not loading. I

closed
> IE8 and restarted IE8 under regular user. So far opening in new tab pages
> works.

Juan Mejia

RE: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
I support Leon on this one, I have no addons, besides from Flash and things
that do not run all the time, and I have the same Connecting... problem, is
not only when a new tab is created it is also, when I start the browser for
the first time, I have set the home page to use Blank, and also when I open a
link on a new tab, it freezes all for about 10 to 20 seconds, there are
improvement, I have to admit it, yes, and good ones, but there are still
problems from previous versions that hasn't been addressed. even the Hotmail
web site shows problems with IE8, and that is not acceptable.

Juan Mejia

"Leon" wrote:

> I installed IE8.
>
> 1. I noticed is that during install I chose to customize search providers
> and accelerators. Accelerators page opened fine, but search providers tab
> page crashed with IE crash dialog for the tab page poping up.
>
> 2. I was unable to open any pages by right clicking links and choosing open
> in new tab window from the menu. The new tab would open and then get stuck at
> Connecting... I did some research and found similar issues with IE8 beta 2. I
> tried disabling quick tabs option, restarting IE, but the issue was still
> present. I tried another suggestion of running IE8 as Administrator and
> opening new tab pages from links. It kind of worked. The title now was shoing
> the page url instead of Connecting..., but the page was not loading. I closed
> IE8 and restarted IE8 under regular user. So far opening in new tab pages
> works.

gaspard

RE: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
Hmm

I have a similar issue:

When clicking New tab button or pressing Ctrl-T

IE8 will wait for 3 to 8 seconds with the "Connecting..." tab, then focus
the tab

However if I immediately open another tab, that tab will open instantly,
then if I open a third tab another wait of 3 to 8 seconds... so every other
open (in sequence) will wait...

I've tried changing the new tab to "Blank" and also tried "No Add-ons" mode
both have no effect...

Windows XP SP3 32 bit
All updates to 23rd March installed

My workmate has Vista and his machine opens tabs nearly instantly.

Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc all open tabs and focus the address bar
straight-away so you can start typing without a focus-change midstream...
very annoying... is there any solution or is IE8 just slow to open new tabs?

Cheers,

Gaspard

"Leon" wrote:

> I installed IE8.
>
> 1. I noticed is that during install I chose to customize search providers
> and accelerators. Accelerators page opened fine, but search providers tab
> page crashed with IE crash dialog for the tab page poping up.
>
> 2. I was unable to open any pages by right clicking links and choosing open
> in new tab window from the menu. The new tab would open and then get stuck at
> Connecting... I did some research and found similar issues with IE8 beta 2. I
> tried disabling quick tabs option, restarting IE, but the issue was still
> present. I tried another suggestion of running IE8 as Administrator and
> opening new tab pages from links. It kind of worked. The title now was shoing
> the page url instead of Connecting..., but the page was not loading. I closed
> IE8 and restarted IE8 under regular user. So far opening in new tab pages
> works.

bazilv@gmail.com

Re: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
Some programs (Spyware Blaster etc) add lots of items to IE restricted
sites list.
Removing these items fixes the slowness in IE8.

Search for DelDomains.inf It will automate the process ofremoving the
restricted sites.

gaspard

Re: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
Thanks, I removed the Spybot Search and Destroy list and the new tab speed is
slightly better although still the behaviour is sub-par and it seems several
seconds is still required randomly to start a new tab... must just be spoiled
by FF and Chrome's blazing new tab performance.

Cheers

"bazilv@gmail.com" wrote:

> Some programs (Spyware Blaster etc) add lots of items to IE restricted
> sites list.
> Removing these items fixes the slowness in IE8.
>
> Search for DelDomains.inf It will automate the process ofremoving the
> restricted sites.

ONEVIEW

RE: IE8, Open in New Tab and stuck at Connecting...
I have beenlooking at this issue since yesterday. My IE8 failed to load
fully and I had to register one of the DLL files manually as follows:

1) Open CMD as Administrator
2) type regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

You should get a success message after which I suggest a reboot.

Hope this helps.