Website compatibility

Ohno

Website compatibility
Hello;

Was not expecting IE8 out this early.

I have a website that I do for my job and tested good in IE8 beta2 with just
a minor display issue. The site was fully functional except for that.

I am going to be unable to do any work to the site now until May the next 6
weeks are a very busy time.

So my question is, if it worked in IE8beta2 will it most likely still work
ok in IE8 final?

Thanks

rob^_^

Re: Website compatibility
Without the web address we cannot say. We are very busy also.

"Ohno" <norealaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hello;
>
> Was not expecting IE8 out this early.
>
> I have a website that I do for my job and tested good in IE8 beta2 with
> just a minor display issue. The site was fully functional except for
> that.
>
> I am going to be unable to do any work to the site now until May the next
> 6 weeks are a very busy time.
>
> So my question is, if it worked in IE8beta2 will it most likely still work
> ok in IE8 final?
>
> Thanks

Don Varnau

Re: Website compatibility
Hi,
The site is probably IE8 compatible. But, I would still install IE8 to check
the site or have a friend, family member or co-worker check the site.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Ohno" <norealaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hello;
>
> Was not expecting IE8 out this early.
>
> I have a website that I do for my job and tested good in IE8 beta2 with

just
> a minor display issue. The site was fully functional except for that.
>
> I am going to be unable to do any work to the site now until May the next

6
> weeks are a very busy time.
>
> So my question is, if it worked in IE8beta2 will it most likely still work
> ok in IE8 final?
>
> Thanks

Ohno

Re: Website compatibility
Thanks Don,

That is kind of opinion I was looking for from a IE8 user.

It was just a thought that maybe someone that had been playing with beta vs
full release would notice any changes viewing sites between the two.

I for one would not list the site here and ask anyone to look at it for me.
I will do my own testing when I can but that is going to be a few weeks.

I will just keep in contact with the person that takes messages and see if
there are any complaints. Besides most of the people that tend look at the
site in question will not get IE8 until Microsoft forces it on them through
updates.

> Hi,
> The site is probably IE8 compatible. But, I would still install IE8 to
> check
> the site or have a friend, family member or co-worker check the site.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Ohno" <norealaddress@none.com> wrote in message
>> Hello;
>>
>> Was not expecting IE8 out this early.
>>
>> I have a website that I do for my job and tested good in IE8 beta2 with

> just
>> a minor display issue. The site was fully functional except for that.
>>
>> I am going to be unable to do any work to the site now until May the next

> 6
>> weeks are a very busy time.
>>
>> So my question is, if it worked in IE8beta2 will it most likely still
>> work
>> ok in IE8 final?
>>
>> Thanks

VanguardLH

Re: Website compatibility
Ohno wrote:

> Don Varnauwrote ...
>>
>> Ohno wrote ...
>>>
>>> I have a website that I do for my job and tested good in IE8 beta2
>>> with just a minor display issue. The site was fully functional
>>> except for that. So my question is, if it worked in IE8beta2 will
>>> it most likely still work ok in IE8 final?

>> The site is probably IE8 compatible. But, I would still install IE8
>> to check the site or have a friend, family member or co-worker check
>> the site.

> That is kind of opinion I was looking for from a IE8 user. It was
> just a thought that maybe someone that had been playing with beta vs
> full release would notice any changes viewing sites between the two.

You could go ask in the old IE8 beta group since those folks have more
experience than probably those here that discuss the released versions
(IE8 was just released).

Web browser access:

Newsreader (NNTP) access:
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

You could also use a virtual machine to test the new software rather
than polluting your working or production host.