no Search with Google on right-click menu

no Search with Google on right-click menu
I installed IE 8 on Vista Ultimate SP1. In IE 7, I used to be able to select
text on a web page, then right-click and choose "Search Google for (text
selected)." I'm using the Google toolbar which apparently added it in to the
context menu in IE 7, but doesn't in IE 8.

Talking with Google Support, they say it should be on the context menu, and
also under the All Accelerators option as well. But it's in neither place.
All Accelerators lets me choose between Get More Accelerators or Manage
Accelerators only.

Per Google Support, I checked to see if Google is listed as a Search
Provider. It is, along with Windows Live Search (which doesn't show up on
the context menu either).

Google Support says it's an IE 8 problem and they can't help and to ask MS.
Can anyone here help me on this?

I've also tried uninstalling Google Toolbar (both 5 and 6 versions) to see
if that made any difference, and it doesn't.

Oh ... and I have the same problem with IE 8 on XP Pro Tablet PC with SP3.

Thanks,
John

Gordon

Re: no Search with Google on right-click menu
"a" <a@a.net> wrote in message news:ulzREHYqJHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I installed IE 8 on Vista Ultimate SP1. In IE 7, I used to be able to
>select text on a web page, then right-click and choose "Search Google for
>(text selected)." I'm using the Google toolbar which apparently added it in
>to the context menu in IE 7, but doesn't in IE 8.

I have that right-click context menu item WITHOUT Google toolbar installed.
IE8 on Vista Home Premium SP2....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: no Search with Google on right-click menu
Hmmm, i guess that's the way it's supposed to be. Wonder why it isn't there
on either of my machines? Since I used it a lot, sure do miss it.