Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 8 final freezes

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009
Daniel Royer
 

Posts: n/a
IE 8 final freezes
when I open IE8 a "google" window opens, but I guess not big enough to
display a OK or cancel button. IE hence freezes. Any ideas?

Daniel

--



---------------------------
Daniel Royer
University of Geneva
daniel at royer dot ch

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009
Daniel Crichton
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 final freezes
Daniel wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:45:23 +0100:

> when I open IE8 a "google" window opens, but I guess not big enough to
> display a OK or cancel button. IE hence freezes. Any ideas?


> Daniel


Have you tried No addons mode? Sounds like an incompatible add-on is causing
problems.

--
Dan


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009
Daniel Royer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 final freezes
On 20.03.2009 15:31, Daniel Crichton wrote:
> Daniel wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:45:23 +0100:
>
>
>> when I open IE8 a "google" window opens, but I guess not big enough to
>> display a OK or cancel button. IE hence freezes. Any ideas?
>>

>
>
>> Daniel
>>

>
> Have you tried No addons mode? Sounds like an incompatible add-on is causing
> problems.
>
>

How can I start the no addon mode?

D

--



---------------------------
Daniel Royer
University of Geneva
daniel at royer dot ch


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009
Daniel Crichton
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 final freezes

> "Daniel Royer" <daniel@royer.ch> wrote in message news:OxM8ClWqJHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> On 20.03.2009 15:31, Daniel Crichton wrote:
>>> Daniel wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:45:23 +0100:
>>>
>>> when I open IE8 a "google" window opens, but I guess not big enough to
>>> display a OK or cancel button. IE hence freezes. Any ideas?

>>
>> Have you tried No addons mode? Sounds like an incompatible add-on is
>> causing
>> problems.
>>

> How can I start the no addon mode?


Start > Run and type

iexplore -extoff

--
Dan


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2009
Daniel Royer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 final freezes
On 20.03.2009 16:03, Daniel Crichton wrote:
>> "Daniel Royer"<daniel@royer.ch> wrote in message news:OxM8ClWqJHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>
>>> On 20.03.2009 15:31, Daniel Crichton wrote:
>>>
>>>> Daniel wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:45:23 +0100:
>>>>
>>>> when I open IE8 a "google" window opens, but I guess not big enough to
>>>> display a OK or cancel button. IE hence freezes. Any ideas?
>>>>
>>> Have you tried No addons mode? Sounds like an incompatible add-on is
>>> causing
>>> problems.
>>>
>>>

>> How can I start the no addon mode?
>>

>
> Start> Run and type
>
> iexplore -extoff
>
>

thank you

Daniel

--



---------------------------
Daniel Royer
University of Geneva
daniel at royer dot ch

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one MORE final question FireBrick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 01-15-2009 01:09
IE 8 Final ? Marco microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 11-10-2008 20:40
SP 3 Update freezes on final initialization Larry microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 08-30-2008 22:51
The Final 'Final' Nail in WEP's Coffin? Steve Security News 0 04-06-2007 03:42
RE: Final Fanasty 7&8 =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 2 02-28-2007 13:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120