Installed IE 8 last night...

Kevin

Installed IE 8 last night...
....uninstalled it this morning.

Win XP SP3
Intel 2.4 GHz
3 GB Ram
IE 7
AVG free A/V
Spybot S&D

I know that this issue has been beaten like a dead horse, but the ability to
customize the position of the toolbars in IE 8 is even less than it is in IE
7. With IE 7 you could position your Links bar next to the Menu bar. You
can't position anything next to the Menu bar in IE 8. I don't know what the
bug up Microsoft's ass is about letting us customize the toolbars the way we
want to but they need to get over it.

My main reason for uninstalling IE 8 was that my banking site (Sovereign
Bank in New York) was unusable. IE 8 would allow me to sign onto the site
but once I chose an account to view, the site would log me off stating that
the time allotment had expired.

I tried the Compatibility button, to no avail.

Uninstalled IE 8, IE 7 was restored. Toolbars are semi-customizable again,
and my bank site works too.

I'm going to wait for MS to allow further customization of the toolbar
positions and for the rest of the world to figure out how to make their
sites work with IE 8.

-Kevin

Leonard Grey

Re: Installed IE 8 last night...
Perhaps /you/ need to get over it?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Kevin wrote:
> ...uninstalled it this morning.
>
> Win XP SP3
> Intel 2.4 GHz
> 3 GB Ram
> IE 7
> AVG free A/V
> Spybot S&D
>
> I know that this issue has been beaten like a dead horse, but the ability to
> customize the position of the toolbars in IE 8 is even less than it is in IE
> 7. With IE 7 you could position your Links bar next to the Menu bar. You
> can't position anything next to the Menu bar in IE 8. I don't know what the
> bug up Microsoft's ass is about letting us customize the toolbars the way we
> want to but they need to get over it.
>
> My main reason for uninstalling IE 8 was that my banking site (Sovereign
> Bank in New York) was unusable. IE 8 would allow me to sign onto the site
> but once I chose an account to view, the site would log me off stating that
> the time allotment had expired.
>
> I tried the Compatibility button, to no avail.
>
> Uninstalled IE 8, IE 7 was restored. Toolbars are semi-customizable again,
> and my bank site works too.
>
> I'm going to wait for MS to allow further customization of the toolbar
> positions and for the rest of the world to figure out how to make their
> sites work with IE 8.
>
> -Kevin

Kevin

Re: Installed IE 8 last night...
Perhaps you're right
If Errare humanum est, then MS is human.