IE8 RTM not printing

MS

IE8 RTM not printing
I'm having problems with RTM version of IE8. Installed it today (had RC1
installed before). Both RC1 and RTM fail to print anything at all.

- Clicking on printer icon does nothing. Nothing is sent to print queue.

- Clicking on "Page Setup" brings up nothing and locks up IE (it has to be
killed from Task Manager).

- Clicking on "Page preview" brings up a blank white screen with nothing on
it.

- Clicking on Help / About Internet Explorer... brings up a blank screen
with nothing on it

Running on Windows XP Pro + SP3.

MS

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
Tried also resetting IE (Advanced Settings -> Reset). No help.

Re: IE8 RTM not printing

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

MS wrote:
> I'm having problems with RTM version of IE8. Installed it today (had RC1
> installed before). Both RC1 and RTM fail to print anything at all.
>
> - Clicking on printer icon does nothing. Nothing is sent to print queue.
>
> - Clicking on "Page Setup" brings up nothing and locks up IE (it has to be
> killed from Task Manager).
>
> - Clicking on "Page preview" brings up a blank white screen with nothing
> on
> it.
>
> - Clicking on Help / About Internet Explorer... brings up a blank screen
> with nothing on it
>
> Running on Windows XP Pro + SP3.

MS

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
Running F-Secure Client Security 8.0 (inc anti-virus, FW and anti-spyware).

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> MS wrote:
>> I'm having problems with RTM version of IE8. Installed it today (had RC1
>> installed before). Both RC1 and RTM fail to print anything at all.
>>
>> - Clicking on printer icon does nothing. Nothing is sent to print queue.
>>
>> - Clicking on "Page Setup" brings up nothing and locks up IE (it has to
>> be
>> killed from Task Manager).
>>
>> - Clicking on "Page preview" brings up a blank white screen with nothing
>> on
>> it.
>>
>> - Clicking on Help / About Internet Explorer... brings up a blank screen
>> with nothing on it
>>
>> Running on Windows XP Pro + SP3.

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
Repost:

MS wrote:
> Running F-Secure Client Security 8.0 (inc anti-virus, FW and
> anti-spyware).

>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> MS wrote:
>>> I'm having problems with RTM version of IE8. Installed it today (had RC1
>>> installed before). Both RC1 and RTM fail to print anything at all.
>>>
>>> - Clicking on printer icon does nothing. Nothing is sent to print queue.
>>>
>>> - Clicking on "Page Setup" brings up nothing and locks up IE (it has to
>>> be
>>> killed from Task Manager).
>>>
>>> - Clicking on "Page preview" brings up a blank white screen with nothing
>>> on
>>> it.
>>>
>>> - Clicking on Help / About Internet Explorer... brings up a blank screen
>>> with nothing on it
>>>
>>> Running on Windows XP Pro + SP3.

MS

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
Nope, no Norton or McAfee (and they have never been installed). Just
F-Secure, the newest version with the newest updates.

> Repost:
>>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>>> installed IE8 [Final or RC1]?

> MS wrote:
>> Running F-Secure Client Security 8.0 (inc anti-virus, FW and
>> anti-spyware).

>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>>> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
You still haven't answered my question: Was the F-Secure application or
suite running in the background when you installed any version of IE8 (e.g.,
beta or final)?

Has F-Secure told you that the application is supported in IE8 Final?

MS wrote:
> Nope, no Norton or McAfee (and they have never been installed). Just
> F-Secure, the newest version with the newest updates.

>> Repost:

>> MS wrote:
>>> Running F-Secure Client Security 8.0 (inc anti-virus, FW and
>>> anti-spyware).

MS

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
Yes it was running in the background. It's a security suite, so why would I
disable it first? I have never disabled any security program before
installing any app in my +25 years dealing with computers, nor have there
ever been any problems either with this.

> You still haven't answered my question: Was the F-Secure application or
> suite running in the background when you installed any version of IE8
> (e.g., beta or final)?
>
> Has F-Secure told you that the application is supported in IE8 Final?
>

> MS wrote:
>> Nope, no Norton or McAfee (and they have never been installed). Just
>> F-Secure, the newest version with the newest updates.

>>> Repost:

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
> It's a security suite, so why would I disable it first?

The suite's "system protections" may have disallowed many of the changes IE8
and the Prerequisite updates (if any) were making to your system. See

Repost:
>> Has F-Secure told you that the application is supported in IE8 Final?

Are you running an English-language version of WinXP?
--
~PA Bear

MS wrote:
> Yes it was running in the background. It's a security suite, so why would
> disable it first? I have never disabled any security program before
> installing any app in my +25 years dealing with computers, nor have there
> ever been any problems either with this.

>> You still haven't answered my question: Was the F-Secure application or
>> suite running in the background when you installed any version of IE8
>> (e.g., beta or final)?
>>
>> Has F-Secure told you that the application is supported in IE8 Final?
>>
>> MS wrote:
>>> Nope, no Norton or McAfee (and they have never been installed). Just
>>> F-Secure, the newest version with the newest updates.

MS

Re: IE8 RTM not printing
Yes, I'm running english XP + SP3., with english IE8.

if F-Secure blocks something it always prompts the user, but there were no
prompts during installation.