Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3

Ian

Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3
hi all, i cant install the neww ie8, when i start the install i get the yor
require an update screen , this fails to install and asks me ti install it
manually, the update is (KB932823), how ever this update wont install as its
for SP2, it gives me the error that the softerware on the pc is newer that
the update

any ideas ?
Kevin

Re: Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3
Ian,

Do yourself a favor and stick with IE 7.
With IE 8 you have even less ability to customize the position of the
toolbars and some sites (including my banking site) are unusable.
Wait for MS to straighten this thing out or at least wait for the rest of
the world to figure out how to make their sites work with IE 8.
Oh and Ian, turn on your spell checker.

-Kevin

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all, i cant install the neww ie8, when i start the install i get the
> yor
> require an update screen , this fails to install and asks me ti install it
> manually, the update is (KB932823), how ever this update wont install as
> its
> for SP2, it gives me the error that the softerware on the pc is newer that
> the update
>
> any ideas ?

Re: Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3
Start | Run | (type) winver | OK

Post the complete second line of text in the resulting window. (I suspect
you have a beta build of WinXP SP3 installed.)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ian wrote:
> hi all, i cant install the neww ie8, when i start the install i get the
> yor
> require an update screen , this fails to install and asks me ti install it
> manually, the update is (KB932823), how ever this update wont install as
> its for SP2, it gives me the error that the softerware on the pc is newer
> that the update
>
> any ideas ?

MarkW is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had same problem as you Ian
I turn on my computer to safe mode with network. Then, I installed SP3 for windows xp professional over again. After restarting the computer was not updated (34 high-priority updates), but I could install explorer 8!!!
No doubt it is worth to update to Ie8.

Re: Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3
SP3 was released in May-08. The updates you're missing were released in
Jun-08 and later.

MarkW wrote:
> I turn on my computer to safe mode with network. Then, I installed SP3
> for windows xp professional over again. After restarting the computer
> was not updated (34 high-priority updates), but I could install explorer
> 8!!!
> No doubt it is worth to update to Ie8.

umepc is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3
I had the same problem and was able to fix it by reinstalling SP3. I also disabled antivirus. After SP3 was installed, then IE8 installed. Then run windows update to pick up any updates that the SP3 clobbered.

One indicator of the problem was the running winver showed that I had Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_....07....:Service Pack 3.

After reinstalling SP3, the winver shows Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_....0804....:Service Pack 3. The build number/date also changed after the rest of the updates installed, so my final version is:
Build 2600:xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 : Service Pack 3.

Be warned that the SP and other updates were over 500MB download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
hi all, i cant install the neww ie8, when i start the install i get the yor
require an update screen , this fails to install and asks me ti install it
manually, the update is (KB932823), how ever this update wont install as its
for SP2, it gives me the error that the softerware on the pc is newer that
the update

any ideas ?

Re: Cant Install IE8 on XP Pro SP3
[Why hadn't you uninstalled WinXP SP3 Beta a year ago?]

umepc wrote:
> I had the same problem and was able to fix it by reinstalling SP3. I
> also disabled antivirus. After SP3 was installed, then IE8 installed.
> Then run windows update to pick up any updates that the SP3 clobbered.
>
> One indicator of the problem was the running winver showed that I had
> Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_....07....:Service Pack 3.
>
> After reinstalling SP3, the winver shows Build
> 2600.xpsp_sp3_....0804....:Service Pack 3. The build number/date also
> changed after the rest of the updates installed, so my final version is:
> Build 2600:xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 : Service Pack 3.
>
> Be warned that the SP and other updates were over 500MB download.
>

> Ian;1201507 Wrote:
>> hi all, i cant install the neww ie8, when i start the install i get the
>> yor
>> require an update screen , this fails to install and asks me ti install
>> it
>> manually, the update is (KB932823), how ever this update wont install
>> as its
>> for SP2, it gives me the error that the softerware on the pc is newer
>> that
>> the update
>>
>> any ideas ?

Donald Anadell

"stubby" <stubby.47etgc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Typical microsoft crap.

Sounds more like typical "Vistaheads" crap to me

To paraphrase Mark Twain, “It ain't what you don't know that gets you
flamed. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so that gets you
flamed.”

Donald Anadell