Just installed final version of IE8 and am experiencing the following:
1. Open in New Tab fails - get a new tab that just says "Connecting..."
2. Open in New Window fails to open any new window, only a new iexplore.exe
3. Recent Pages Drop-Down Button does not show recent pages when clicked
(nothing drops down).
4. After installation, Windows Explorer opens all folders in new windows
even though the option to open in same window is selected.
5. My DVD Drive is labelled as a CD Drive in Windows Explorer.
6. C:\ Drive no longer has flag icon in Windows Explorer.
FYI, I am using Vista Ultimate SP1. As I had same problems with IE8 RC1, I
did the following as a precaution prior to installing:
1. Uninstalled Flash, Shockwave, Java and Google Toolbar.
2. Disabled Skype and Google Desktop.
3. Used msconfig to boot in minimal diagnostic mode.
4. Ran IE8 without add-ons.
5. Reset all IE8 security and advanced settings to defaults.
Unfortunately these didn't resolve the issues.
Others have same problems: