It hangs, it freezes, it won't shut down
Most users do not have these issues with *any* version of Internet Explorer.
Some possible solutions:
- - -
1. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
- - -
2. You may have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
For troubleshooting information see:
928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
Problem: Crashes or hangs
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
- - -
3. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
as the cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
(Also applies to XP)
- - -
4. You may have one or more malware programs installed and running.
Work through these steps:
1. Scan with Windows Defender.
2. Run the Malicious Software Removal Tool.
This is not a wide-spectrum tool, but is worth running.
3. Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
4. If there is *any* reason to suspect that these tools didn't remove all
malware, visit one of these sites, register and follow the protocol.
Start at http://www.aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
Hope this helps,
[MS MVP- IE]
"curious about stability" <curious about
> wrote in message
> I just want to know one thing before I download and install this...
> Is it better than 7? Cause I have to tell you, I haven't been happy at all
> with 7 since I was forced onto a Vista laptop. It hangs, it freezes, it
> shut down even in task manager. But I can't say I'm too thrilled with
> for that matter. IE7 worked fine on my old 2k pro machine. However I'd
> stick with the demon I know than trade for a devil I never expected. If
you get my drift.
> I hope the gazzilion updates they've put on my machine are finally making
> the OS more stable. Just in time for a whole new Windows! Yeah!