installing the new ie8 while having ie8 RC1

markdauvid

installing the new ie8 while having ie8 RC1
i tried calling the help line for ie8 but it was the wrong number. it was for
conference calls. i do not understand this concept that the micromorons have
come up with. i have about 12 browsers. any updates just install over the
existing browser. it appears that the test version of ie8 must be removed
first. what does that mean. does it mean that ie7 magically reappears or does
it mean you no longer have ie. what if you were dumb enough to have ie as
your only browser. i need more information as to what i am getting in to.
does uninstalling ie8 RC1 remove ie from my computer. why is this so
complicated.
Leonard Grey

Re: installing the new ie8 while having ie8 RC1
There must be thousands of places on the web explaining that when you
uninstall IE 'X', you are returned to your previous version of Internet
Explorer. One place where you might expect to find this information is
on Microsoft's website:

How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

"When you remove Internet Explorer 8, your earlier version of Internet
Explorer is restored..."

See the bottom: "Applies To: Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta"
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

markdauvid wrote:
> i tried calling the help line for ie8 but it was the wrong number. it was for
> conference calls. i do not understand this concept that the micromorons have
> come up with. i have about 12 browsers. any updates just install over the
> existing browser. it appears that the test version of ie8 must be removed
> first. what does that mean. does it mean that ie7 magically reappears or does
> it mean you no longer have ie. what if you were dumb enough to have ie as
> your only browser. i need more information as to what i am getting in to.
> does uninstalling ie8 RC1 remove ie from my computer. why is this so
> complicated.

markdauvid

Re: installing the new ie8 while having ie8 RC1
i went directly to microsoft and found something i had never seen before
called fix it. it has 2 options. 1 is let microsoft fix it or fix it
yourself. i chose microsoft fix it. the bottom line was does not apply which
meant not removed. so i saw an option to download ie8 so i tried it and it
worked. just to maketo make sure when i opened ie 8 for version info and RC1
was gone. i was unable to remove RC1. it just was not there to remove and it
doesn't matter because i got the update.