IE8 Question

bobster

IE8 Question
I would like to try IE 8 but I currently have a trouble-free XP-SP3, IE7
machine. I use both System Restore and ERUNT to back up my registry and
have several past configurations available. I have successfully used both
System Restore and ERUNT on numerous occasions.

My question:

If I download IE8 and have problems with it, will I be able to easily revert
to my previous IE7 configuration via System Restore or ERUNT? Will all of
my settings and apps be retained?

Re: IE8 Question
I would strongly advise you to UNINSTALL IE8 via Add/Remove Programs, if
need be.

I would never recommend using System Restore or ERUNT right off the bat to
uninstall anything, especially an IE upgrade, Service Pack, or Windows
Update!

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) before installing (or
uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a third-party firewall, I
would recommend disabling it and then enabling the Windows Firewall before
installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

Tip: Reboot twice after installing IE8 Final.

Tip: Make certain that your anti-virus application, any anti-spyware
applications (other than Defender), and your third-party firewall (if any)
is supported in IE8 Final before you decide install it.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

bobster wrote:
> I would like to try IE 8 but I currently have a trouble-free XP-SP3, IE7
> machine. I use both System Restore and ERUNT to back up my registry and
> have several past configurations available. I have successfully used both
> System Restore and ERUNT on numerous occasions.
>
> My question:
>
> If I download IE8 and have problems with it, will I be able to easily
> revert
> to my previous IE7 configuration via System Restore or ERUNT? Will all of
> my settings and apps be retained?

bobster

Re: IE8 Question
Thanks PA Bear. I think I'll wait a few weeks, then try it using your
pre-download suggestions.