IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites

Leonardo C.

IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites
In some websites, like cnn.com, when I move the mouse pointer all the way to
the right or to the left, the website stop scrolling.

This behavior occurs only in a few websites, and it is easy to reproduce the
problem, go to cnn.com main page, scroll at will, then move the mouve all the
way to the right or to the left and try to scroll.

Is this really a bug or problem with my env? Since I cannot access IE
Connect, I am posting this here.

I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on a Windows Vista SP2 Beta Build 6002

Re: IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites
Who knows in Vista SP2 Beta?

Does the behavior persist in Compatibility Mode? ...if you start IE8 in No
Add-ons mode? ...if you do a Reset
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737)?

Leonardo C. wrote:
> In some websites, like cnn.com, when I move the mouse pointer all the way
> the right or to the left, the website stop scrolling.
>
> This behavior occurs only in a few websites, and it is easy to reproduce
> the
> problem, go to cnn.com main page, scroll at will, then move the mouve all
> the way to the right or to the left and try to scroll.
>
> Is this really a bug or problem with my env? Since I cannot access IE
> Connect, I am posting this here.
>
> I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on a Windows Vista SP2 Beta Build 6002

Leonardo C.

Re: IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites
It works in Compatibility Mode, running with No Addons has the same behavior.

Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Who knows in Vista SP2 Beta?
>
> Does the behavior persist in Compatibility Mode? ...if you start IE8 in No
> Add-ons mode? ...if you do a Reset
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737)?
>

> Leonardo C. wrote:
> > In some websites, like cnn.com, when I move the mouse pointer all the way
> > the right or to the left, the website stop scrolling.
> >
> > This behavior occurs only in a few websites, and it is easy to reproduce
> > the
> > problem, go to cnn.com main page, scroll at will, then move the mouve all
> > the way to the right or to the left and try to scroll.
> >
> > Is this really a bug or problem with my env? Since I cannot access IE
> > Connect, I am posting this here.
> >
> > I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on a Windows Vista SP2 Beta Build 6002

Re: IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites
Tell cnn.com support about it.

Leonardo C. wrote:
> It works in Compatibility Mode, running with No Addons has the same
> behavior.
>
> Thanks
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Who knows in Vista SP2 Beta?
>>
>> Does the behavior persist in Compatibility Mode? ...if you start IE8 in
>> No
>> Add-ons mode? ...if you do a Reset
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737)?
>>

>> Leonardo C. wrote:
>>> In some websites, like cnn.com, when I move the mouse pointer all the
>>> way
>>> the right or to the left, the website stop scrolling.
>>>
>>> This behavior occurs only in a few websites, and it is easy to reproduce
>>> the
>>> problem, go to cnn.com main page, scroll at will, then move the mouve
>>> all
>>> the way to the right or to the left and try to scroll.
>>>
>>> Is this really a bug or problem with my env? Since I cannot access IE
>>> Connect, I am posting this here.
>>>
>>> I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on a Windows Vista SP2 Beta Build 6002

Leonardo C.

Re: IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites
So.. this is not a bug?

"Leonardo C." wrote:

> It works in Compatibility Mode, running with No Addons has the same behavior.
>
> Thanks
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Who knows in Vista SP2 Beta?
> >
> > Does the behavior persist in Compatibility Mode? ...if you start IE8 in No
> > Add-ons mode? ...if you do a Reset
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737)?
> >

> > Leonardo C. wrote:
> > > In some websites, like cnn.com, when I move the mouse pointer all the way
> > > the right or to the left, the website stop scrolling.
> > >
> > > This behavior occurs only in a few websites, and it is easy to reproduce
> > > the
> > > problem, go to cnn.com main page, scroll at will, then move the mouve all
> > > the way to the right or to the left and try to scroll.
> > >
> > > Is this really a bug or problem with my env? Since I cannot access IE
> > > Connect, I am posting this here.
> > >
> > > I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on a Windows Vista SP2 Beta Build 6002

Re: IE8 - Cannot scroll page with mouse wheel with some websites
cnn.com needs to update their pages.