Saving sessions

Michael

Saving sessions
Hi,

I love that IE7/8 can continue from a session when IE is restarted. However,
I'd like to make a suggestion to allow a user to save groups of
sessions/frequently visited sites, so that when you start IE, you can hit a
sidebar and choose what groups of sites to open.

Example: "Financial Sites", "News Sites", etc.

Opening the "Financial Sites" group would then open tabs for all URLs that
are in that group.

Currently, I have IE save the session of all tabs open, but every time I
open a new IE browser session, it opens those exact same sessions every time.
I'd like the ability to open IE cleanly and MANUALLY choose which
sessions/group(s) I'd like to open.

Thank you.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: Saving sessions
Press F1 and read about Tab Groups. That comes pretty close to what
you're looking for (particularly in IE 8.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love that IE7/8 can continue from a session when IE is restarted. However,
> I'd like to make a suggestion to allow a user to save groups of
> sessions/frequently visited sites, so that when you start IE, you can hit a
> sidebar and choose what groups of sites to open.
>
> Example: "Financial Sites", "News Sites", etc.
>
> Opening the "Financial Sites" group would then open tabs for all URLs that
> are in that group.
>
> Currently, I have IE save the session of all tabs open, but every time I
> open a new IE browser session, it opens those exact same sessions every time.
> I'd like the ability to open IE cleanly and MANUALLY choose which
> sessions/group(s) I'd like to open.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Saving sessions
<QP>
Just a quick post to make you aware of a feature in IE7 that is /not/ going
to be included in IE 8. This pertains to the options IE7 provides you when
closing out a multi-tabbed IE process...
</QP>
Source & more
http://blogs.msdn.com/askie/archive/...n-in-ie-8.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net