IE7 Address Bar <URL> is currently unavailable

nitrambo

IE7 Address Bar <URL> is currently unavailable
this last week when I load IE7 the screen remains blank (though I can see the
homepage soureccode if I do Page/View Source). If I type another URL into
the address bar a dialog pops up saying <URL> is currently unavailable for
any URL I type in. Firefox runs fine though. Any ideas how to solve?

Re: IE7 Address Bar <URL> is currently unavailable
posting to this newsgroup.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested logs
in an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

nitrambo wrote:
> this last week when I load IE7 the screen remains blank (though I can see
> the homepage soureccode if I do Page/View Source). If I type another URL
> into the address bar a dialog pops up saying <URL> is currently
> unavailable
> for any URL I type in. Firefox runs fine though. Any ideas how to solve?

nitrambo

IE7 Address Bar <URL> is currently unavailable
Additional info...

Acer (dual core) laptop running Windows 2003Server Enterprise R2.

Up to date with Windows updates.

Up to date Symantec Endpoint Protection runs and does not find any problems.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Address Bar <URL> is currently unavailable
"Additional info" for what? You started a new thread instead of
continuing your original thread, so we don't know what you're talking about.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

nitrambo wrote:
> Additional info...
>
> Acer (dual core) laptop running Windows 2003Server Enterprise R2.
>
> Up to date with Windows updates.
>
> Up to date Symantec Endpoint Protection runs and does not find any problems.

Robert Aldwinckle

"nitrambo" <nitrambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news285F1A6-C36D-4E15-9F24-F1359C546B3C@microsoft.com...
> this last week when I load IE7 the screen remains blank
> (though I can see the homepage soureccode if I do Page/View Source).

> If I type another URL into the address bar

Be more precise please. Just if you type or do you press
Enter too?

> a dialog pops up saying <URL> is currently unavailable for
> any URL I type in.

What kind of "dialog"? What can you do with it?
If it is really a separate window (e.g. identified separately
in Task Manager's Applications tab) you could use TM's
right-click Go To Process command to see if it is in fact,
another process. Otherwise I think you would have to use
Process Explorer and its display of threads and the stack
to figure out which program was doing it.

> Firefox runs fine though. Any ideas how to solve?

Sounds like you have some third-party program interference.
The only other legitimate possibilities that come to mind
would be parental control software, similar to IE's Content
Advisor or Live Essentials' Family Safety, etc.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Wyeth Willard, MCP

RE: IE7 Address Bar <URL> is currently unavailable
My father got this on his computer today. I opened control panel, chose add
remove programs, clicked the windows components link on the left, deselected
internet explorer. The computer then removed all links to IE. I reselected
Internet Explorer. The links were recreated. This solved his problem.

His system is HP laptop running XP sp3.