IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site

Dave Horne

IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
I just installed IE8 and when I go to
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual function
call.

Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
Hi Dave,

r u running McAffee?

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...ox&Form=IE8SRC

Does this occur in no-Addons mode?

Did you read the release notes -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=124056 before updating/installing
IE8?

I have no problems with that page on my Vista x86 SP1 or XP SP3 machines.

Regards.

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
> I just installed IE8 and when I go to
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
> about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual function
> call.
>
> Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

Dave Horne

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
This problem is not always present I should add; it doesn't affect every
page at that site.

I am running several McAfee programs - SiteAdvisor and Security Center 9.3.

I'll reset IE8 if I have this problem with other sites. Going to CNET.com
was just a chance occurance.

Thanks, Dave Horne

news73827D8-B30B-4CA8-A3E0-B643C6F8EB04@microsoft.com...
> Hi Dave,
>
> r u running McAffee?
>
> http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...ox&Form=IE8SRC
>
> Does this occur in no-Addons mode?
>
> Did you read the release notes -
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=124056 before updating/installing
> IE8?
>
> I have no problems with that page on my Vista x86 SP1 or XP SP3 machines.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> I just installed IE8 and when I go to
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
>> about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual
>> function call.
>>
>> Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

Dave Horne

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
This problem is not always present I should add; it doesn't affect every
page at that site.

I am running several McAfee programs - SiteAdvisor and Security Center 9.3.

I reset IE* and still have the same problem.

Thanks, Dave Horne

news73827D8-B30B-4CA8-A3E0-B643C6F8EB04@microsoft.com...
> Hi Dave,
>
> r u running McAffee?
>
> http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...ox&Form=IE8SRC
>
> Does this occur in no-Addons mode?
>
> Did you read the release notes -
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=124056 before updating/installing
> IE8?
>
> I have no problems with that page on my Vista x86 SP1 or XP SP3 machines.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> I just installed IE8 and when I go to
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
>> about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual
>> function call.
>>
>> Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
Has McAfee informed you that McAfee Security Center 9.3 is supported in IE8
Final?

Dave Horne wrote:
> This problem is not always present I should add; it doesn't affect every
> page at that site.
>
> I am running several McAfee programs - SiteAdvisor and Security Center
> 9.3.
>
> I'll reset IE8 if I have this problem with other sites. Going to CNET.com
> was just a chance occurance.
>
> Thanks, Dave Horne
>

> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news73827D8-B30B-4CA8-A3E0-B643C6F8EB04@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> r u running McAffee?
>>
>> http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...ox&Form=IE8SRC
>>
>> Does this occur in no-Addons mode?
>>
>> Did you read the release notes -
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=124056 before updating/installing
>> IE8?
>>
>> I have no problems with that page on my Vista x86 SP1 or XP SP3 machines.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>>> I just installed IE8 and when I go to
>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
>>> about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual
>>> function call.
>>>
>>> Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

Dave Horne

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
Well, in addition to www.cnet.com causing IE8 to crash, USA Today's web site
also caused a crash.

I guess I'll be using Chrome until these glitches are sorted out. I'm
curious why USA Today and CNET.com sites would cause IE8 to crash.

I really was looking forward to IE8. I trust I am not alone with certain
sites causing a crash ... ? ... or not?

Here's the report for the latest crash (in case anyone make make sense of
this) ...

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Fault Module Name: AcroIEFavClient.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.0.332
Fault Module Timestamp: 4850b74d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00013c12
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 835750313

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>I just installed IE8 and when I go to
>http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
>about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual function
>call.
>
> Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

Dave Horne

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site ... well, more sites actually
Well, since I had this problem on two separate computers, I uninstalled IE8
from both of them.

Lesson learned. I'll install IE8 after it's been around for a little while
longer.

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>I just installed IE8 and when I go to
>http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10200071-56.html (which is an article
>about IE8) I get the Runtime Error message - R6025 - pure virtual function
>call.
>
> Should I be concerned? Thanks, Dave Horne

Donald Anadell

> Well, in addition to www.cnet.com causing IE8 to crash, USA Today's web
> site also caused a crash.
>
> I guess I'll be using Chrome until these glitches are sorted out. I'm
> curious why USA Today and CNET.com sites would cause IE8 to crash.
>
> I really was looking forward to IE8. I trust I am not alone with certain
> sites causing a crash ... ? ... or not?
>
> Here's the report for the latest crash (in case anyone make make sense of
> this) ...
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
> Fault Module Name: AcroIEFavClient.dll
> Fault Module Version: 9.0.0.332
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4850b74d
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00013c12
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 835750313

Your Problem signature indicates that "AcroIEFavClient.dll" is the offending
module.

"AcroIEFavClient.dll" is an Add-on that creates a toolbar button for Acrobat
reader.

Have you tried disabling this Add-on using Manage Add-ons to see if the
problem is resolved?

Perhaps you need to uninstall and reinstall your version of Acrobat.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> Well, in addition to www.cnet.com causing IE8 to crash, USA Today's web
>> site also caused a crash.
>>
>> I guess I'll be using Chrome until these glitches are sorted out. I'm
>> curious why USA Today and CNET.com sites would cause IE8 to crash.
>>
>> I really was looking forward to IE8. I trust I am not alone with certain
>> sites causing a crash ... ? ... or not?
>>
>> Here's the report for the latest crash (in case anyone make make sense of
>> this) ...
>>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: iexplore.exe
>> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
>> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
>> Fault Module Name: AcroIEFavClient.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 9.0.0.332
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4850b74d
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>> Exception Offset: 00013c12
>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>> Locale ID: 1033
>> Additional Information 1: fd00
>> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> Bucket ID: 835750313

> Your Problem signature indicates that "AcroIEFavClient.dll" is the
> offending module.
>
> "AcroIEFavClient.dll" is an Add-on that creates a toolbar button for
> Acrobat reader.
>
> Have you tried disabling this Add-on using Manage Add-ons to see if the
> problem is resolved?
>
> Perhaps you need to uninstall and reinstall your version of Acrobat.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Donald, I googled 'AcroIEFavClient.dll', saw that it was an Adobe dll,
disabled Adobe in Manage Add-ons, it made no difference. (I googled this
after I initially posted.)

I also reset IE8 which I believe also turns off everything ... and that made
no difference.

I'm sure this will be sorted out, I just won't be contributing to the
discussion until it is as I uninstalled IE8 on both computers and reverted
back to IE7 ... which is running just fine and which allows me more control
over the toolbar placement (another thread here from me).

Thanks, DH

Dave Horne

Re: IE8 Runtime Error but only at a particular site
An update - I have uninstalled IE8 but will pass this on; overwhelmingly the
module causing IE8 to crash is urlmon.dll. I must have looked at 25 or so
problem reports and that was the dll to almost always be the culprit. That
Adobe AcroIEFavClient.dll made a one time appearance and ntdll.dll made a
few appearances as well.

The overwhelming problem dll was urlmon.dll.

Just passing this on. DH