IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab

Yogi

IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab
I have created a new Accelerator for Internet Explorer 8 name "Open URL in
new tab." I think it's pretty self explanatory what it does, but just in
case, here you go:

When browsing the Internet, especially many forums, you will come across
many URLs that are not linked. Currently, you have to selected the text,
copy it, open a new tab, and paste the URL into the address bar. This
Accelerator will allow you to select the URL and then choose "Open URL in
new tab," and, guess what, it opens the URL in a new tab.

You can go to http://www.tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to install
it. I've also submitted it to ieaddons.com, but it still shows as "Under
Review." Does anyone know how long the review process takes? I read
somewhere that the final version of IE8 will be released soon, so it would
be nice to have the Accelerator available on the main Accelerator
distribution site.

Yogi

P.S. I know the TCG Computers website is terrible.

Yogi

Re: IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab
I've updated the Accelerator to show thumbnails when you hover over it. The
thumbnails are generated by Snapcasa.com. Also, it now works on links and
not just selected text, so you can see preview thumbnails of links. You can
go to http://tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to install or update
the Accelerator.

Yogi

"Yogi" <yogi@jellystone.com> wrote in message
> I have created a new Accelerator for Internet Explorer 8 name "Open URL in
> new tab." I think it's pretty self explanatory what it does, but just in
> case, here you go:
>
> When browsing the Internet, especially many forums, you will come across
> many URLs that are not linked. Currently, you have to selected the text,
> copy it, open a new tab, and paste the URL into the address bar. This
> Accelerator will allow you to select the URL and then choose "Open URL in
> new tab," and, guess what, it opens the URL in a new tab.
>
> You can go to http://www.tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to
> install it. I've also submitted it to ieaddons.com, but it still shows as
> "Under Review." Does anyone know how long the review process takes? I read
> somewhere that the final version of IE8 will be released soon, so it would
> be nice to have the Accelerator available on the main Accelerator
> distribution site.
>
> Yogi
>
> P.S. I know the TCG Computers website is terrible.

Yogi

Re: IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab
The Accelerator is still "Under Review" on ieaddons.com. Who is reviewing
the submissions there and how long does it normally take?

> I've updated the Accelerator to show thumbnails when you hover over it.
> The thumbnails are generated by Snapcasa.com. Also, it now works on links
> and not just selected text, so you can see preview thumbnails of links.
> You can go to http://tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to install
> or update the Accelerator.
>
> Yogi
>
> "Yogi" <yogi@jellystone.com> wrote in message
>> I have created a new Accelerator for Internet Explorer 8 name "Open URL
>> in new tab." I think it's pretty self explanatory what it does, but just
>> in case, here you go:
>>
>> When browsing the Internet, especially many forums, you will come across
>> many URLs that are not linked. Currently, you have to selected the text,
>> copy it, open a new tab, and paste the URL into the address bar. This
>> Accelerator will allow you to select the URL and then choose "Open URL in
>> new tab," and, guess what, it opens the URL in a new tab.
>>
>> You can go to http://www.tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to
>> install it. I've also submitted it to ieaddons.com, but it still shows as
>> "Under Review." Does anyone know how long the review process takes? I
>> read somewhere that the final version of IE8 will be released soon, so it
>> would be nice to have the Accelerator available on the main Accelerator
>> distribution site.
>>
>> Yogi
>>
>> P.S. I know the TCG Computers website is terrible.

Yogi

Re: IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab
It is still "Under Review." I was thinking about doing an "Define with
Wiktionary" Accelerator and it would take some effort on my end to create
the Preview function to only show the definition and part of speech using
the MediaWiki API. I wanted to create this to take the place of the now
missing "Define with Encarta" Accelerator. However, I'm not going to bother
if the official place to get addons is not even reviewing them anymore.

> The Accelerator is still "Under Review" on ieaddons.com. Who is reviewing
> the submissions there and how long does it normally take?
>
> Yogi
>
> "Yogi" <yogi@jellystone.com> wrote in message
>> I've updated the Accelerator to show thumbnails when you hover over it.
>> The thumbnails are generated by Snapcasa.com. Also, it now works on links
>> and not just selected text, so you can see preview thumbnails of links.
>> You can go to http://tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to install
>> or update the Accelerator.
>>
>> Yogi
>>
>> "Yogi" <yogi@jellystone.com> wrote in message
>>> I have created a new Accelerator for Internet Explorer 8 name "Open URL
>>> in new tab." I think it's pretty self explanatory what it does, but just
>>> in case, here you go:
>>>
>>> When browsing the Internet, especially many forums, you will come across
>>> many URLs that are not linked. Currently, you have to selected the text,
>>> copy it, open a new tab, and paste the URL into the address bar. This
>>> Accelerator will allow you to select the URL and then choose "Open URL
>>> in new tab," and, guess what, it opens the URL in a new tab.
>>>
>>> You can go to http://www.tcgcomputers.com/openurlaccelerator.aspx to
>>> install it. I've also submitted it to ieaddons.com, but it still shows
>>> as "Under Review." Does anyone know how long the review process takes? I
>>> read somewhere that the final version of IE8 will be released soon, so
>>> it would be nice to have the Accelerator available on the main
>>> Accelerator distribution site.
>>>
>>> Yogi
>>>
>>> P.S. I know the TCG Computers website is terrible.

sfeldner is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab
Yogi,
This is FANTASTIC. This SHOULD be part of the accelerators that come with IE8! I've wanted this forever... Good job!
don

Re: IE8 Accelerator - Open URL in new tab
Original thread... if anyone cares (March 2009) ;-)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...92933d39d23?q=

Don