ie not displaying everytying on a web site

Mark

ie not displaying everytying on a web site
Firefox displays all images and web sites on my computer. IE 7 does not
show all images. For example www.espn.com will not show two areas on the
home page. How do you go about repairing ie. Is it a java problem? I've
reinstalled Java, reset ie. Obviously something needs to be corrected in ie
since everything works fine with firefox.

Mark

Re: ie not displaying everytying on a web site
Sites such as youtube, espn which use flash will not display in ie but will
work in opera and firefox. the simple solution seems to be to just get rid
of Internet Explorer but there has to be a way to fix internet explorer. I
even upgraded to ie 8 which did not correct the problem

"Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Firefox displays all images and web sites on my computer. IE 7 does not
> show all images. For example www.espn.com will not show two areas on
> the home page. How do you go about repairing ie. Is it a java problem?
> I've reinstalled Java, reset ie. Obviously something needs to be
> corrected in ie since everything works fine with firefox.

Daniel Crichton

Re: ie not displaying everytying on a web site
Sounds like either you haven't installed Flash for IE, or you've disabled
it, or your Flash IE install is broken (and looking at the number of posts
about problems with Flash in IE I'd guess that latter).

For details on how to remove the Flash plugin and reinstall, see

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_19166

Dan

Mark wrote on Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:55:52 -0400:

> Sites such as youtube, espn which use flash will not display in ie but
> will work in opera and firefox. the simple solution seems to be to
> just get rid of Internet Explorer but there has to be a way to fix
> internet explorer. I even upgraded to ie 8 which did not correct the
> problem

> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:76284BD2-BF2D-4266-8CC2-AC35D9AAC2A7@microsoft.com...
>> Firefox displays all images and web sites on my computer. IE 7 does
>> not show all images. For example www.espn.com will not show two
>> areas on the home page. How do you go about repairing ie. Is it a
>> java problem?
>> I've reinstalled Java, reset ie. Obviously something needs to be
>> corrected in ie since everything works fine with firefox.

Donald Anadell

> Sites such as youtube, espn which use flash will not display in ie but
> will work in opera and firefox. the simple solution seems to be to just
> get rid of Internet Explorer but there has to be a way to fix internet
> explorer. I even upgraded to ie 8 which did not correct the problem

Installing Beta software(IE8 RC1) to try and resolve issues with IE7 was not
a wise decision.

I would first suggest that you uninstall IE8 RC1 so that your problem(s)
with IE7 can be resolved.

IE8 RC1 Release Notes(Uninstalling)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

Once you've uninstalled IE8 RC1 you will be returned to IE7.

As to your problems with ESPN, it sounds like you are having problems with
your Flash Player installation. You mentioned in your original post that
you had reset IE7, did you know that doing so will disable all your Add-ons?

So first use Manage Add-ons in IE7 to make sure the ActiveX control for the
Flash Player is enabled:
Highlight "Shockwave Flash Object" in Manage Add-ons and make sure it is
enabled.

If that does not resolve the issue with seeing Flash, try manually
uninstalling and and manually reinstalling the Flash Player.

Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop:
Flash Player Uninstaller
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
Flash Player Installer
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

1. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
2. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to completely
remove the Flash Player from your System.
3. Run the Flash Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest
version of the Flash Player.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Firefox displays all images and web sites on my computer. IE 7 does not
>> show all images. For example www.espn.com will not show two areas on
>> the home page. How do you go about repairing ie. Is it a java problem?
>> I've reinstalled Java, reset ie. Obviously something needs to be
>> corrected in ie since everything works fine with firefox.

Mark

Re: ie not displaying everytying on a web site
Thanks for your advice however that did not solve the problem.

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Sites such as youtube, espn which use flash will not display in ie but
>> will work in opera and firefox. the simple solution seems to be to just
>> get rid of Internet Explorer but there has to be a way to fix internet
>> explorer. I even upgraded to ie 8 which did not correct the problem

> Installing Beta software(IE8 RC1) to try and resolve issues with IE7 was
> not a wise decision.
>
> I would first suggest that you uninstall IE8 RC1 so that your problem(s)
> with IE7 can be resolved.
>
> IE8 RC1 Release Notes(Uninstalling)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787
>
> How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/
>
> Once you've uninstalled IE8 RC1 you will be returned to IE7.
>
> As to your problems with ESPN, it sounds like you are having problems with
> your Flash Player installation. You mentioned in your original post that
> you had reset IE7, did you know that doing so will disable all your
> Add-ons?
>
> So first use Manage Add-ons in IE7 to make sure the ActiveX control for
> the Flash Player is enabled:
> Highlight "Shockwave Flash Object" in Manage Add-ons and make sure it is
> enabled.
>
> If that does not resolve the issue with seeing Flash, try manually
> uninstalling and and manually reinstalling the Flash Player.
>
> Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop:
> Flash Player Uninstaller
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
> Flash Player Installer
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>
> 1. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
> Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
> 2. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to completely
> remove the Flash Player from your System.
> 3. Run the Flash Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest
> version of the Flash Player.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Firefox displays all images and web sites on my computer. IE 7 does not
>>> show all images. For example www.espn.com will not show two areas on
>>> the home page. How do you go about repairing ie. Is it a java problem?
>>> I've reinstalled Java, reset ie. Obviously something needs to be
>>> corrected in ie since everything works fine with firefox.

C A Upsdell

Mark wrote:
> Sites such as youtube, espn which use flash will not display in ie but
> will work in opera and firefox. the simple solution seems to be to just
> get rid of Internet Explorer but there has to be a way to fix internet
> explorer. I even upgraded to ie 8 which did not correct the problem

IE does not have the kinds of problems you have reported. The problems
may *appear* to be in IE, but are actually caused by something else
about your PC or your configuration. Without knowing anything about
your particular system it is hard to give specific advice, but here are
a few things to check:

1. Many IE problems are caused by IE add-ons. Disable add-ons and see
if this makes a difference.

2. Many problems are caused by malware, e.g. spyware. Check for system
thoroughly for malware using several anti-malware tools.

3. Many problems are caused by security software, which can (for
example) block images which the security software decides are ads. If
you have such software, see if it can block images, and if so, see if
you can stop it from doing so.

4. Many problems are caused by O/S instabilities. This is a wide
field, with many possibilities. One simple thing to do is make sure
that you have the latest updates for all the software on your PC.

As someone else pointed out, updating an unstable PC to IE8 is not wise:
only update when your PC is rock-solid.
Donald Anadell

> Thanks for your advice however that did not solve the problem.

What Operating System are you using, Windows XP or Windows Vista?

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Sites such as youtube, espn which use flash will not display in ie but
>>> will work in opera and firefox. the simple solution seems to be to just
>>> get rid of Internet Explorer but there has to be a way to fix internet
>>> explorer. I even upgraded to ie 8 which did not correct the problem

>> Installing Beta software(IE8 RC1) to try and resolve issues with IE7 was
>> not a wise decision.
>>
>> I would first suggest that you uninstall IE8 RC1 so that your problem(s)
>> with IE7 can be resolved.
>>
>> IE8 RC1 Release Notes(Uninstalling)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787
>>
>> How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/
>>
>> Once you've uninstalled IE8 RC1 you will be returned to IE7.
>>
>> As to your problems with ESPN, it sounds like you are having problems
>> with your Flash Player installation. You mentioned in your original post
>> that you had reset IE7, did you know that doing so will disable all your
>> Add-ons?
>>
>> So first use Manage Add-ons in IE7 to make sure the ActiveX control for
>> the Flash Player is enabled:
>> Highlight "Shockwave Flash Object" in Manage Add-ons and make sure it is
>> enabled.
>>
>> If that does not resolve the issue with seeing Flash, try manually
>> uninstalling and and manually reinstalling the Flash Player.
>>
>> Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop:
>> Flash Player Uninstaller
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>> Flash Player Installer
>> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>>
>> 1. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
>> Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
>> 2. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to
>> completely remove the Flash Player from your System.
>> 3. Run the Flash Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest
>> version of the Flash Player.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Mark

Re: ie not displaying everytying on a web site
Windows XP Professional

> Windows XP Professional

What do see when you visit the following Adobe Test site for the Flash
Player using IE7:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_15507

Do you see in bold red letters: "WIN 10,0,22,87"?

What do you see when you visit the following Adobe Test site for the Flash
Player using IE7:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Do you see, "You have version 10,0,22,87 installed" under Version
Information, and do the Animations on that page work?

If you answered no to both the above questions then it's possible that you
have a Registry Permissions problem that is preventing the Flash Player from
installing properly.

Follow the directions at the following Adobe site for resetting your
Registry Permissions:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1

After completing steps 1 thru 8 for fixing your registry permissions, then
try the manual uninstall||reinstall I posted earlier.

If still no joy:

Adobe offers free email support(via a Web Case) for Flash Player
installation problems, you might turn there next:

1. Go to the Adobe Support Portal:
http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/

2. When you get to the Support Portal page, click on the Button that says:
"Create an Account"

3. Once you've created an account with Adobe and you're logged in to that
Account, at the bottom of the page use the selector to select:
"Installation Help"

4. In the 'Choose product' category put a tick in the radial next to:
"Additional products"

5. From the selection menu select:
"Adobe Flash Player"

6. Now click the button that says "Continue"

You will taken to a page entitled:
"Create a support case"

7. Here you can type your support request and send it to Adobe

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Thanks for your advice however that did not solve the problem.

>> What Operating System are you using, Windows XP or Windows Vista?
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Mark

Re: ie not displaying everytying on a web site
I appreciate your help but nothing is solving the problem. It will show the
current version installed but there is no animation. I guess I'll have to
give Adobe a call. Thanks for your help.