Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

My MSN

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
noplugs02
 

Posts: n/a
My MSN
When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
repair without losing all of my goodies?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
...winston
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
O/S ?
Browser, IE6, 7, 8 ?
Msn Premium Software installed ?

Fyi...my.msn.com is working here on XPSp3/IE6 and IE7, and Vista/IE7 and tested each on 3 different accounts.

To verify an issue with my.msn.com, remove all customizations and content(make note of what modules you have), close IE. Revisit
my.msn.com, then add customization and content one at time, repeat the process.

An indication that network problems and not something local would be responses similar to these when customizing and/or adding
content/modules
"The network is currently not available. Please try again later"
"This operation could not be completed. Please try again later"


--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"noplugs02" <noplugs02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E93A70-0454-4689-98A3-54355CD65497@microsoft.com...
> When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> repair without losing all of my goodies?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
VanguardLH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
noplugs02 wrote:

> When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> repair without losing all of my goodies?


Using any ad blockers?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
FrankV
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
Don't go anything for a few days. I have XP IE8 and started getting it
yesterday also so something is screwed up someplace. It's safer to just what
a while and whatever is causing it should dissapear.

Frank

"noplugs02" <noplugs02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:80E93A70-0454-4689-98A3-54355CD65497@microsoft.com...
> When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> repair without losing all of my goodies?



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
marikaj
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
I am having the same problem with my.msn.com ('d.SearchCaptionButton' is null
or not an object). None of my Stock Quotes are displayed and the Hotmail
module is empty. In addition, NONE of the links work (i.e., Customize, Add
Content, Menu, etc.) so it's impossible to follow the instructions below to
"remove all customizations and content".

I am running Windows XP Pro sp3, IE7 Ver 7.0.5730.13

"...winston" wrote:

> O/S ?
> Browser, IE6, 7, 8 ?
> Msn Premium Software installed ?
>
> Fyi...my.msn.com is working here on XPSp3/IE6 and IE7, and Vista/IE7 and tested each on 3 different accounts.
>
> To verify an issue with my.msn.com, remove all customizations and content(make note of what modules you have), close IE. Revisit
> my.msn.com, then add customization and content one at time, repeat the process.
>
> An indication that network problems and not something local would be responses similar to these when customizing and/or adding
> content/modules
> "The network is currently not available. Please try again later"
> "This operation could not be completed. Please try again later"
>
>
> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "noplugs02" <noplugs02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E93A70-0454-4689-98A3-54355CD65497@microsoft.com...
> > When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> > sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> > 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> > repair without losing all of my goodies?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
Fix Runtime Errors in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822521
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

noplugs02 wrote:
> When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> repair without losing all of my goodies?

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
...winston
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
Which leads to two possible issues...
Regional issues with my.msn.com(works some places but not others) or a local issue with IE(addons, configuration, cookies etc)

If you feel that the issue is local to IE consider clearing cookies and the cache and resetting IE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"marikaj" <marikaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EED555E-8186-4F6F-A273-F74283E1F3E2@microsoft.com...
> I am having the same problem with my.msn.com ('d.SearchCaptionButton' is null
> or not an object). None of my Stock Quotes are displayed and the Hotmail
> module is empty. In addition, NONE of the links work (i.e., Customize, Add
> Content, Menu, etc.) so it's impossible to follow the instructions below to
> "remove all customizations and content".
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro sp3, IE7 Ver 7.0.5730.13
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> O/S ?
>> Browser, IE6, 7, 8 ?
>> Msn Premium Software installed ?
>>
>> Fyi...my.msn.com is working here on XPSp3/IE6 and IE7, and Vista/IE7 and tested each on 3 different accounts.
>>
>> To verify an issue with my.msn.com, remove all customizations and content(make note of what modules you have), close IE. Revisit
>> my.msn.com, then add customization and content one at time, repeat the process.
>>
>> An indication that network problems and not something local would be responses similar to these when customizing and/or adding
>> content/modules
>> "The network is currently not available. Please try again later"
>> "This operation could not be completed. Please try again later"
>>
>>
>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "noplugs02" <noplugs02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E93A70-0454-4689-98A3-54355CD65497@microsoft.com...
>> > When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
>> > sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
>> > 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
>> > repair without losing all of my goodies?

>>
>>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
marikaj
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
I went to the link below and found that it's not applicable to my problem.
For starters I don't get a runtime error.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Fix Runtime Errors in Internet Explorer:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822521
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> noplugs02 wrote:
> > When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> > sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> > 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> > repair without losing all of my goodies?

>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
marikaj
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
Thank you, reset did the trick.

The link below (kb923737) gave me instructions for resetting IE7 which fixed
the problem.

"...winston" wrote:

> Which leads to two possible issues...
> Regional issues with my.msn.com(works some places but not others) or a local issue with IE(addons, configuration, cookies etc)
>
> If you feel that the issue is local to IE consider clearing cookies and the cache and resetting IE
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "marikaj" <marikaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EED555E-8186-4F6F-A273-F74283E1F3E2@microsoft.com...
> > I am having the same problem with my.msn.com ('d.SearchCaptionButton' is null
> > or not an object). None of my Stock Quotes are displayed and the Hotmail
> > module is empty. In addition, NONE of the links work (i.e., Customize, Add
> > Content, Menu, etc.) so it's impossible to follow the instructions below to
> > "remove all customizations and content".
> >
> > I am running Windows XP Pro sp3, IE7 Ver 7.0.5730.13
> >
> > "...winston" wrote:
> >
> >> O/S ?
> >> Browser, IE6, 7, 8 ?
> >> Msn Premium Software installed ?
> >>
> >> Fyi...my.msn.com is working here on XPSp3/IE6 and IE7, and Vista/IE7 and tested each on 3 different accounts.
> >>
> >> To verify an issue with my.msn.com, remove all customizations and content(make note of what modules you have), close IE. Revisit
> >> my.msn.com, then add customization and content one at time, repeat the process.
> >>
> >> An indication that network problems and not something local would be responses similar to these when customizing and/or adding
> >> content/modules
> >> "The network is currently not available. Please try again later"
> >> "This operation could not be completed. Please try again later"
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> ...winston
> >> ms-mvp mail
> >>
> >> "noplugs02" <noplugs02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E93A70-0454-4689-98A3-54355CD65497@microsoft.com...
> >> > When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow caution
> >> > sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
> >> > 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can I
> >> > repair without losing all of my goodies?
> >>
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My MSN
I'm afraid what you've described is indeed a runtime error.

marikaj wrote:
> I went to the link below and found that it's not applicable to my problem.
> For starters I don't get a runtime error.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Fix Runtime Errors in Internet Explorer:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822521
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> noplugs02 wrote:
>>> When my home page is loaded (my.msn.com) I get the dreaded yellow
>>> caution
>>> sign 'Done, but with errors on the page'. The error message:
>>> 'd.SearchCaptionButton' is null or not an object' is displayed. How can
>>> I
>>> repair without losing all of my goodies?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:52.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120