IE crashing

Computer Wiz Without A Clue

IE crashing
Internet Explorer seems to work fine but after closing the next time I open
it it says it crashed. I've been ignoring this but it is kind of
aggravating. Anyone know anything about this or a fix?

--
Computer Wiz Without A Clue

Leonard Grey

Re: IE crashing
Any idea what version of Internet Explorer you have? And what version of
Windows you have?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Computer Wiz Without A Clue wrote:
> Internet Explorer seems to work fine but after closing the next time I
> open it it says it crashed. I've been ignoring this but it is kind of
> aggravating. Anyone know anything about this or a fix?

Computer Wiz Without A Clue

Re: IE crashing
IE 7 and Vista Home Basic SP1

--
Computer Wiz Without A Clue

> Any idea what version of Internet Explorer you have? And what version of
> Windows you have?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Computer Wiz Without A Clue wrote:
>> Internet Explorer seems to work fine but after closing the next time I
>> open it it says it crashed. I've been ignoring this but it is kind of
>> aggravating. Anyone know anything about this or a fix?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE crashing
Thank you. Whenever you ask about Internet Explorer, it's important to
say what versions of IE and Windows (including the service pack) you have.

Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Computer Wiz Without A Clue wrote:
> IE 7 and Vista Home Basic SP1

Computer Wiz Without A Clue

Re: IE crashing
Thanks Leonard. How do you remove all the add ons.

--
Computer Wiz Without A Clue

> Thank you. Whenever you ask about Internet Explorer, it's important to say
> what versions of IE and Windows (including the service pack) you have.
>
> Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
> conflict with Internet Explorer.
>
> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box
> > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being caused
> by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you how to
> identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Computer Wiz Without A Clue wrote:
>> IE 7 and Vista Home Basic SP1

Computer Wiz Without A Clue

Re: IE crashing
I went to online help and learned how to disable them. I disabled 3 of them
and it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. Thanks for your help I would
never have guessed it was the add ons.