Would like to go back to IE7 after IE8

idil

Would like to go back to IE7 after IE8
I have installed IE8. However most of the websites do not show properly in
IE8 and also one cannot highlight the whole content of a text box in a form
with your mouse in IE8 (just the part it shows) - which I had to use all the
time. I would like to install IE7 back again. However when I go to the
download page to get IE7 downloads, it says your operating systm is Vista
therefore you should have IE7 within, therefore doesn't let me download it.
How could I get IE7?
Richard in AZ

Re: Would like to go back to IE7 after IE8

"idil" <idil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have installed IE8. However most of the websites do not show properly in
| IE8 and also one cannot highlight the whole content of a text box in a form
| with your mouse in IE8 (just the part it shows) - which I had to use all the
| time. I would like to install IE7 back again. However when I go to the
| download page to get IE7 downloads, it says your operating systm is Vista
| therefore you should have IE7 within, therefore doesn't let me download it.
| How could I get IE7?

Open your Control Panel and go to "Programs and Features"
Select Internet Explorer 8 and uninstall it.
You will then have IE7 back.

Re: Would like to go back to IE7 after IE8
Uninstalling IE8 Beta will return you to IE7.

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

idil wrote:
> I have installed IE8. However most of the websites do not show properly in
> IE8 and also one cannot highlight the whole content of a text box in a
> form
> with your mouse in IE8 (just the part it shows) - which I had to use all
> the
> time. I would like to install IE7 back again. However when I go to the
> download page to get IE7 downloads, it says your operating systm is Vista
> therefore you should have IE7 within, therefore doesn't let me download
> it.
> How could I get IE7?

Bruce Hagen

Re: Would like to go back to IE7 after IE8
You do realize that IE8 RC1 is still beta?

How to uninstall, or remove, Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

IE8 Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface: