Wierd IE7 problem....help please

John Thomson

Wierd IE7 problem....help please
Over the last week or so if my computer is left idle, when I maximise IE7 the
tabs & menu at the top are gone & the page is white/grey. I have to
ctrl/alt/del to get out of this.
Interestingly this has happened once on my laptop at work (connected to diff
server etc etc)

I was wondering if this was due to recent windows update or AVG AV update.
I was wondering if anyone else has had recent problems & how I can fix this.
Thank you in advance for your help.

John

Re: Wierd IE7 problem....help please
posting to this newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

John Thomson wrote:
> Over the last week or so if my computer is left idle, when I maximise IE7
> the tabs & menu at the top are gone & the page is white/grey. I have to
> ctrl/alt/del to get out of this.
> Interestingly this has happened once on my laptop at work (connected to
> diff
> server etc etc)
>
> I was wondering if this was due to recent windows update or AVG AV update.
> I was wondering if anyone else has had recent problems & how I can fix
> this.
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> John

John Thomson

Re: Wierd IE7 problem....help please
My apologies.
i am running Vista home Premium SP1 with all latest updates.
Thank you
John

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> John Thomson wrote:
> > Over the last week or so if my computer is left idle, when I maximise IE7
> > the tabs & menu at the top are gone & the page is white/grey. I have to
> > ctrl/alt/del to get out of this.
> > Interestingly this has happened once on my laptop at work (connected to
> > diff
> > server etc etc)
> >
> > I was wondering if this was due to recent windows update or AVG AV update.
> > I was wondering if anyone else has had recent problems & how I can fix
> > this.
> > Thank you in advance for your help.
> >
> > John

Re: Wierd IE7 problem....help please
May we assume you're running AVG Free v8.0?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

John Thomson wrote:
> My apologies.
> i am running Vista home Premium SP1 with all latest updates.
> Thank you
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> John Thomson wrote:
>>> Over the last week or so if my computer is left idle, when I maximise
>>> IE7
>>> the tabs & menu at the top are gone & the page is white/grey. I have to
>>> ctrl/alt/del to get out of this.
>>> Interestingly this has happened once on my laptop at work (connected to
>>> diff
>>> server etc etc)
>>>
>>> I was wondering if this was due to recent windows update or AVG AV
>>> update.
>>> I was wondering if anyone else has had recent problems & how I can fix
>>> this.
>>> Thank you in advance for your help.
>>>
>>> John

John Thomson

Re: Wierd IE7 problem....help please
I am using AVG AV Pro + Firewall.
I have been using this for years without this issue.
Thanks,
John

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> May we assume you're running AVG Free v8.0?
>
> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>

> John Thomson wrote:
> > My apologies.
> > i am running Vista home Premium SP1 with all latest updates.
> > Thank you
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Robert Aldwinckle

"John Thomson" <JohnThomson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news53FA446-8A3D-45AC-AA84-AAE07D85E3A1@microsoft.com...
> Over the last week or so if my computer is left idle, when I maximise IE7 the
> tabs & menu at the top are gone & the page is white/grey.

As if you had opened about:Blank and pressed F11?

> I have to ctrl/alt/del to get out of this.

Or press F11 again? ; )

---

> Interestingly this has happened once on my laptop at
> work (connected to diff server etc etc)
>
> I was wondering if this was due to recent windows update or AVG AV update.
> I was wondering if anyone else has had recent problems & how I can fix this.
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> John

Re: Wierd IE7 problem....help please
> I am using AVG AV Pro + Firewall.