IE7 sometimes won't connect

plmurray

IE7 sometimes won't connect
I have posted this heading before, but it appears to have disappeared.

My problem (happily now was) is that IE would sometimes display
"Connecting...." but cause no traffic and use no resources while it failed to
connect. Frequently it would connect satisfactorily the next time.

Various suggestions were made to me, for which I thank the contributors,
including suspecting an interaction between AVG and IE.

I have now removed both IE and AVG and then reloaded them, in that order.
Happily now the problem has gone away. It was only ever intermittent, so it
has been a while before I can be confident that the fault is now no longer
extant.

I use IE7 with XP SP3 automatically updated.
AVG Free 8.0
Spybot 1.6.0
Cable ISP 2.0 Mb hard wired via a router

So I offer this up, thanking those who I regret I cannot name, in case
anyone else should chance to suffer from a similar problem.

Re: IE7 sometimes won't connect
Your previous threads in IE General include:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...eeb87935?hl=en
(Mar-09 &ff)

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e072299e?hl=en
(Jan-09 &ff)

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c20e0561?hl=en
(Dec-07)

One's anti-virus application and all third-party anti-spyware applications
should be disabled prior to installing or uninstalling an IE upgrade and
Windows Service Pack.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/