Legitimate Pop-ups crash out IE

Ian M

Legitimate Pop-ups crash out IE
I am having an issue with a Vista PC in which when I use OWA, if a reminder
pop-up appears it completely crashes out IE7 and I have to kill the process.

I have tried and tested several methods to isolate the problem and have
tried the following:

Issue is not solely OWA because a remote assistance app that we use crashes
on pop-ups too.
Ensured that Exchange Server is fully updated
Vista PC is fully updated.
If I use a different PC it does not have the same problem

Researched and tested the S/Mime settings just in case
Researched and tested the DHTML
Ensured that Pop-up blocker is disabled, the pop-up appears and crashes
Tested with Phishing filter turned off
Installed IE8 as a test and problem still exists, then rolled back to IE7
still an issue.

Any help on further diagnosing or fixing this issue will be gratefully
appreciated.

Re: Legitimate Pop-ups crash out IE
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

Ian M wrote:
> I am having an issue with a Vista PC in which when I use OWA, if a
> reminder
> pop-up appears it completely crashes out IE7 and I have to kill the
> process.
>
> I have tried and tested several methods to isolate the problem and have
> tried the following:
>
> Issue is not solely OWA because a remote assistance app that we use
> crashes
> on pop-ups too.
> Ensured that Exchange Server is fully updated
> Vista PC is fully updated.
> If I use a different PC it does not have the same problem
>
> Researched and tested the S/Mime settings just in case
> Researched and tested the DHTML
> Ensured that Pop-up blocker is disabled, the pop-up appears and crashes
> Tested with Phishing filter turned off
> Installed IE8 as a test and problem still exists, then rolled back to IE7
> still an issue.
>
> Any help on further diagnosing or fixing this issue will be gratefully
> appreciated.

Ian M

Re: Legitimate Pop-ups crash out IE
Thank you for your reply.

Further to the steps above, I have gone through a great deal of the steps
you have mentioned but am unable to isolate the problem and find a fix.

Again thanks for your reply but this issue is still outstanding

Ian M BSc MCSE

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>

> Ian M wrote:
> > I am having an issue with a Vista PC in which when I use OWA, if a
> > reminder
> > pop-up appears it completely crashes out IE7 and I have to kill the
> > process.
> >
> > I have tried and tested several methods to isolate the problem and have
> > tried the following:
> >
> > Issue is not solely OWA because a remote assistance app that we use
> > crashes
> > on pop-ups too.
> > Ensured that Exchange Server is fully updated
> > Vista PC is fully updated.
> > If I use a different PC it does not have the same problem
> >
> > Researched and tested the S/Mime settings just in case
> > Researched and tested the DHTML
> > Ensured that Pop-up blocker is disabled, the pop-up appears and crashes
> > Tested with Phishing filter turned off
> > Installed IE8 as a test and problem still exists, then rolled back to IE7
> > still an issue.
> >
> > Any help on further diagnosing or fixing this issue will be gratefully
> > appreciated.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Ian M" <IanM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68CFAC89-6634-4F2C-ABCF-0A738501E8C8@microsoft.com...
>I am having an issue with a Vista PC in which when I use OWA, if a reminder
> pop-up appears it completely crashes out IE7 and I have to kill the process.

Your symptom is not clear to me. "Completely crashes out IE7"
would seem to obviate a need "to kill the process".