why does IE keep "encountering errors" & having to close...

Okiewinter

why does IE keep "encountering errors" & having to close...
I continue to get this error message and having to close out my IE...any
suggestions on how to fix/stop this from happening??

It says that it "creates an error report" and sends it to Microsoft but who
in the world knows where that ends up....

Should I uninstall and reinstall IE??
HELP!
Leonard Grey

Re: why does IE keep "encountering errors" & having to close...
Any idea what version of Internet Explorer you have? What version of
Windows you have?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Okiewinter wrote:
> I continue to get this error message and having to close out my IE...any
> suggestions on how to fix/stop this from happening??
>
> It says that it "creates an error report" and sends it to Microsoft but who
> in the world knows where that ends up....
>
> Should I uninstall and reinstall IE??
> HELP!

Daniel Crichton

Okiewinter wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:25:05 -0700:

> I continue to get this error message and having to close out my
> IE...any suggestions on how to fix/stop this from happening??

> It says that it "creates an error report" and sends it to Microsoft but
> who in the world knows where that ends up....

> Should I uninstall and reinstall IE??
> HELP!

Does it happen in No Add-ons mode?

--
Dan

Derek McBryde

Re: why does IE keep "encountering errors" & having to close...
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:25:05 -0700, Okiewinter
<Okiewinter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I continue to get this error message and having to close out my IE...any
>suggestions on how to fix/stop this from happening??
>
>It says that it "creates an error report" and sends it to Microsoft but who
>in the world knows where that ends up....
>
>Should I uninstall and reinstall IE??
>HELP!

I don't know why you are getting the error message. I had IE7
locking out and was constantly getting this message when I tried to
close the "not responding" program.

I am running IE7 under XP SP3. There were some suggestions that it
was Flash player that was causing the hang ups, especially version
10.0.12.36 I have just upgraded to Adobe Flash Player version
10.0.22.87 which is reputed to be more stable. We'll see if this
helps.

The message is caused by Microsoft provided tool called 'Windows Error
Dump Reporting,' or 'dumprep.exe'

If nothing else, you can speed up the closing of IE by disabling this
program - as you say who know where it ends up and sending it multiple
times probably isn't going to help.

To disable dumprep.exe under Windows XP

Right click on 'My Computer,' choose 'Properties' from that menu.
Click on 'Advanced tab,' Click the 'Error Reporting' button.
Check the 'Disable error reporting' box. You may choose to uncheck the
the box below it, 'But notify me when an error occurs,' if desired.

Derek

VanguardLH

Okiewinter wrote:

> I continue to get this error message and having to close out my IE...any
> suggestions on how to fix/stop this from happening??
>
> It says that it "creates an error report" and sends it to Microsoft but who
> in the world knows where that ends up....
>
> Should I uninstall and reinstall IE??
> HELP!

I'm running into a similar same problem. Running in IE7's no add-ons
mode seems to get rid of the problem (which is IE7 crashing but after
opening many pages in several concurrently opened tabs). Now there are
11 add-ons disabled (I left the Microsoft ones enabled) and running in
normal mode and IE7 has yet to crash (but I'm still testing). If that
works okay for awhile, one add-on will be re-enabled and IE7 retested
again for awhile. Hopefully when the culprit gets re-enabled that it
will rear its flaw during subsequent testing to exhibit its crash of IE7
- and then I'll get rid of that <expletive>.

You'll probably have to do the same type of troubleshooting. In the
meantime, here are some general help articles:

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Internet Explorer 7 Solution Center
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/8722