A favorite that can open several tabs?

SaltyDawg

A favorite that can open several tabs?
I would really like to be able to save an entire IE session as a favorite. So
When I click that favorite, it will open up all of the same tabs, to the same
web addresses.

Is there a hack to do this right now? This would be an awesome feature to
add in a future version of IE.

I am currently using Vista with IE7.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Donald Anadell

Re: A favorite that can open several tabs?

"SaltyDawg" <SaltyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would really like to be able to save an entire IE session as a favorite.
>So
> When I click that favorite, it will open up all of the same tabs, to the
> same
> web addresses.
>

> Is there a hack to do this right now?

Have you tried Grouped favorites?
http://www.ie-vista.com/tabs_groups.html

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> This would be an awesome feature to
> add in a future version of IE.
>
> I am currently using Vista with IE7.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Daniel Crichton

SaltyDawg wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:18:09 -0700:

> I would really like to be able to save an entire IE session as a
> favorite. So
> When I click that favorite, it will open up all of the same tabs, to
> the same web addresses.

> Is there a hack to do this right now? This would be an awesome feature
> to add in a future version of IE.

> I am currently using Vista with IE7.

It's already there in IE7. Open all the tabs you want in the browser to be
saved as a group. Click the Add Favourite button (the star with + on it),
and choose Add Tab Group To Favorites. Then give it a name, and you'll get a
folder in your favourites list with that name. Whenever you want to open all
the tabs together if you hover the mouse over the folder there is a blue
arrow to the right of it - click that and the contents of the folder will be
opened, one link in each tab. You can also do the same by just creating new
folders in your favourites list and adding links to them - you can either
open the folder as normal and open a single link inside, or use the blue
arrow to open all the links in their own tabs at once.

--
Dan