Uninstalled IE 7 SP3 and lost my wireless network?

Kiwi''''s mom

Uninstalled IE 7 SP3 and lost my wireless network?
My bank said it could not handle IE8, so I uninstalled SP 3 before
uninstalling IE8 and promptly lost my wireless connection. I have tried to
reinstall it, but it doesn't work. My network says it is up and running but
there is no connectivity.

Help!
Ohno

Re: Uninstalled IE 7 SP3 and lost my wireless network?
You did not say if you have XP, Vista or what.

In any case in XP go to your prefered list of wireless connections and
remove your connection and then try to establish a new connection. I don't
have a Vista machine at hand but there is a network manager in Vista where
you again can remove the wireless network you connect to and establish a new
connection.

"Kiwi''''s mom" <Kiwismom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My bank said it could not handle IE8, so I uninstalled SP 3 before
> uninstalling IE8 and promptly lost my wireless connection. I have tried
> reinstall it, but it doesn't work. My network says it is up and running
> but
> there is no connectivity.
>
> Help!

Gordon

Kiwi''''s mom wrote:
> My bank said it could not handle IE8, so I uninstalled SP 3 before
> uninstalling IE8 and promptly lost my wireless connection.

Can you be more specific? When you say "lost" the wireless connection do
you mean that the Wireless card is still working and you just lost
connection to the router, or do you mean that the wireless card has
stopped working, or what?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: Uninstalled IE 7 SP3 and lost my wireless network?
Please stick with your original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...529000b2bfd8e1

Kiwi''''s mom wrote:
> My bank said it could not handle IE8, so I uninstalled SP 3 before
> uninstalling IE8 and promptly lost my wireless connection. I have tried
> reinstall it, but it doesn't work. My network says it is up and running
> but
> there is no connectivity.
>
> Help!

Jeff▲Relf

Do a System Restore to roll-back your computer to before SP3.
Do*a System Restore to roll-back your computer to before SP3.

Recently, my modem disappeared after intalling Vista-32 SP1
because, for some unKnown reason, I don't have privileges to run
the “ Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol ” service.

Re: Do a System Restore to roll-back your computer to before SP3.
Why not uninstall WinXP SP3 via Add/Remove Programs instead, if you think
SP3's causing a problem?