Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Blocking problem

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Jr
 

Posts: n/a
Blocking problem

All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I try to
access.

What could be causing this?

I get the following message:

Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
Remove the malware that has infected your computer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jr wrote:
> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I try to
> access.
>
> What could be causing this?
>
> I get the following message:
>
> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Jr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
According to Norton there is no virus or anything else that needs removal.

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:%23OO%23LrtpJHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Remove the malware that has infected your computer.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Jr wrote:
>> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I try
>> to access.
>>
>> What could be causing this?
>>
>> I get the following message:
>>
>> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
>> computer!
>> How do I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help
>>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Tom [Pepper] Willett
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
Norton isn't necessarily going to catch the malware. You need to have 2 or 3
antispyware programs.

"Jr" <privateEmail@hi.com> wrote in message
news:gpo7kr$prj$1@news.motzarella.org...
: According to Norton there is no virus or anything else that needs removal.
:
: "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
: news:%23OO%23LrtpJHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
: > Remove the malware that has infected your computer.
: > ---
: > Leonard Grey
: > Errare humanum est
: >
: > Jr wrote:
: >> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I
try
: >> to access.
: >>
: >> What could be causing this?
: >>
: >> I get the following message:
: >>
: >> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
: >> computer!
: >> How do I fix this?
: >>
: >> Thanks in advance for your help
: >>
:


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Jr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
news:OGBXMrwpJHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Norton isn't necessarily going to catch the malware. You need to have 2 or
> 3
> antispyware programs.
>
> "Jr" <privateEmail@hi.com> wrote in message
> news:gpo7kr$prj$1@news.motzarella.org...
> : According to Norton there is no virus or anything else that needs
> removal.
> :
> : "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> : news:%23OO%23LrtpJHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> : > Remove the malware that has infected your computer.
> : > ---
> : > Leonard Grey
> : > Errare humanum est
> : >
> : > Jr wrote:
> : >> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I
> try
> : >> to access.
> : >>
> : >> What could be causing this?
> : >>
> : >> I get the following message:
> : >>
> : >> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
> : >> computer!
> : >> How do I fix this?
> : >>
> : >> Thanks in advance for your help
> : >>
> :
>

Did a scan with Adware and nothing was detected.
Somehow Internet Explorer is acting as a blocker to any and all websites I
try to access including ones that I know are safe such as my bank.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Daniel Crichton
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
Jr wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:27:39 -0500:


> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I
> try to access.


> What could be causing this?


> I get the following message:


> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
> computer!
> How do I fix this?


> Thanks in advance for your help



Did you search Google for that message? Second result I found looks promising:

http://remove-malware.net/how-to-rem...-system-alert/

This suggests you've been infected by the Antivirus 360 malware, or
something very similar.

--
Dan


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Jr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
I can't get to Google. It gets blocked by my problem.

"Daniel Crichton" <msnews@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
news:usO%23zGxpJHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Jr wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:27:39 -0500:
>
>
>> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I
>> try to access.

>
>> What could be causing this?

>
>> I get the following message:

>
>> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
>> computer!
>> How do I fix this?

>
>> Thanks in advance for your help

>
>
> Did you search Google for that message? Second result I found looks
> promising:
>
> http://remove-malware.net/how-to-rem...-system-alert/
>
> This suggests you've been infected by the Antivirus 360 malware, or
> something very similar.
>
> --
> Dan
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Tom [Pepper] Willett
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
Try posting in the microsoft.public.security.virus newsgroup...lots of
discussion about Anti-Virus 360. It's not an IE issue, it's a malware issue.

"Jr" <privateEmail@hi.com> wrote in message
news:gpohuv$rm5$1@news.motzarella.org...
:I can't get to Google. It gets blocked by my problem.
:
: "Daniel Crichton" <msnews@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
: news:usO%23zGxpJHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: > Jr wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:27:39 -0500:
: >
: >
: >> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that I
: >> try to access.
: >
: >> What could be causing this?
: >
: >> I get the following message:
: >
: >> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
: >> computer!
: >> How do I fix this?
: >
: >> Thanks in advance for your help
: >
: >
: > Did you search Google for that message? Second result I found looks
: > promising:
: >
: >
http://remove-malware.net/how-to-rem...-system-alert/
: >
: > This suggests you've been infected by the Antivirus 360 malware, or
: > something very similar.
: >
: > --
: > Dan
: >
:
:


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Daniel Crichton
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem
Do you have another PC you can use?

Dan

Jr wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:13:49 -0500:

> I can't get to Google. It gets blocked by my problem.


> "Daniel Crichton" <msnews@worldofspack.com> wrote in message news:usO%23zGxpJHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Jr wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:27:39 -0500:



>>> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that
>>> I try to access.


>>> What could be causing this?


>>> I get the following message:


>>> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
>>> computer!
>>> How do I fix this?


>>> Thanks in advance for your help



>> Did you search Google for that message? Second result I found looks
>> promising:


>> http://remove-malware.net/how-to-rem...lorer-warning-
>> visiting-this-web-site-may-harm-your-computer-system-alert/


>> This suggests you've been infected by the Antivirus 360 malware, or
>> something very similar.


>> --
>> Dan




Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2009
Jr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blocking problem FIXED
Thanks to all of you who have been so helpful.
Seems that this was a problem that could be best fixed by purchasing a copy
of Spyware Doctor for $29.95 and running a scan.
Once the scan was done it found two locations that AntiVirus360 had put on
my computer. These were easily removed permanently and my computer is now
back to normal.

It seems to me there ought to be a law against a company like this invading
our computer and then blackmailing users into sending them $59.95 to get rid
of their program.



"Daniel Crichton" <msnews@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
news:%23xZCADypJHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Do you have another PC you can use?
>
> Dan
>
> Jr wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:13:49 -0500:
>
>> I can't get to Google. It gets blocked by my problem.

>
>> "Daniel Crichton" <msnews@worldofspack.com> wrote in message
>> news:usO%23zGxpJHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >> Jr wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:27:39 -0500:

>
>
> >>> All of a sudden my Internet Explorer is blocking every website that
> >>> I try to access.

>
> >>> What could be causing this?

>
> >>> I get the following message:

>
> >>> Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your
> >>> computer!
> >>> How do I fix this?

>
> >>> Thanks in advance for your help

>
>
> >> Did you search Google for that message? Second result I found looks
> >> promising:

>
> >> http://remove-malware.net/how-to-rem...lorer-warning-
> >> visiting-this-web-site-may-harm-your-computer-system-alert/

>
> >> This suggests you've been infected by the Antivirus 360 malware, or
> >> something very similar.

>
> >> --
> >> Dan

>
>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ad blocking JD microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 08-16-2008 02:42
Blocking XP SP-3 update. A problem?? ELW microsoft.public.windowsupdate 10 07-31-2008 07:46
problem with vista blocking web pages pwalter824 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 01-03-2008 18:57
problem with Windows firewall setting that is blocking internet rajan microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 0 10-23-2007 18:12




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120