Links "lose memory"

Know enough to be dangerous

Links "lose memory"
I visit a number of web sites where, when I click on a link, it turns a
different color. This allows me to avoid clicking links that I have already
been to.

It works fine for 2-3 days straight, then the links all reset their color as
if I have never visited the site. This just started 3-4 weeks ago.

Any ideas?
VanguardLH

Re: Links "lose memory"
Know enough to be wrote:

> I visit a number of web sites where, when I click on a link, it turns a
> different color. This allows me to avoid clicking links that I have already
> been to.
>
> It works fine for 2-3 days straight, then the links all reset their color as
> if I have never visited the site. This just started 3-4 weeks ago.
>
> Any ideas?

How long do you have the History setting configured to remember what
sites you have visited?
Know enough to be dangerous

Re: Links "lose memory"
20 days

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Know enough to be wrote:
>
> > I visit a number of web sites where, when I click on a link, it turns a
> > different color. This allows me to avoid clicking links that I have already
> > been to.
> >
> > It works fine for 2-3 days straight, then the links all reset their color as
> > if I have never visited the site. This just started 3-4 weeks ago.
> >
> > Any ideas?

> How long do you have the History setting configured to remember what
> sites you have visited?

VanguardLH

Re: Links "lose memory"
Know wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> Know wrote:
>>
>>> I visit a number of web sites where, when I click on a link, it
>>> turns a different color. This allows me to avoid clicking links
>>> that I have already been to.
>>>
>>> It works fine for 2-3 days straight, then the links all reset their
>>> color as if I have never visited the site. This just started 3-4
>>> weeks ago.

>> How long do you have the History setting configured to remember what
>> sites you have visited?

> 20 days

Install any security, anti-malware, or web browser add-ons that clear
out your host per some "privacy" settings?
Know enough to be dangerous

Re: Links "lose memory"
I am running Norton Internet Security 2009 but have had this for 6 months;
this problem started 3-4 weeks ago. Nothing else running for
security/privacy...

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Know wrote:

> >> How long do you have the History setting configured to remember what
> >> sites you have visited?

> > 20 days

> Install any security, anti-malware, or web browser add-ons that clear
> out your host per some "privacy" settings?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Links "lose memory"

"Know enough to be dangerous" <Know enough to be dangerous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I visit a number of web sites where, when I click on a link, it turns a
> different color. This allows me to avoid clicking links that I have already
> been to.
>
> It works fine for 2-3 days straight, then the links all reset their color as
> if I have never visited the site. This just started 3-4 weeks ago.
>
> Any ideas?

Try using the Accessibility dialog's ignore colors set
by a web page option to be sure that the feature you
are looking for isn't being overridden by the site.

Post a sample link if you need more help.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---