why does IE not show whole page when Mozilla does?

DON SELF

why does IE not show whole page when Mozilla does?
On my own website, Mozilla shows all the buttons on left and format looks
great. On IE, it skips every other button and formatted info is all squeezed
in on left side. why is this? site is www.donself.com there is 23
buttons on left (as it should be)using Mozilla - but only 12 using IE as it
skips every other one.

Don

Re: why does IE not show whole page when Mozilla does?
IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Or you could post here instead:

MSDN IE Development Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

DON SELF wrote:
> On my own website, Mozilla shows all the buttons on left and format looks
> great. On IE, it skips every other button and formatted info is all
> squeezed in on left side. why is this? site is www.donself.com there
> is 23 buttons on left (as it should be)using Mozilla - but only 12 using
> IE
> as it skips every other one.
>
> Don

C A Upsdell

DON SELF wrote:
> On my own website, Mozilla shows all the buttons on left and format looks
> great. On IE, it skips every other button and formatted info is all squeezed
> in on left side. why is this? site is www.donself.com there is 23
> buttons on left (as it should be)using Mozilla - but only 12 using IE as it
> skips every other one.

Your page has a Quirks DOCTYPE and 851 HTML validation errors, with some
code trying to be HTML 4.0, and some code trying to be XHTML 1.0. This
might be a place for you to start trouble-shooting your problem.

Michel Doucet

Re: why does IE not show whole page when Mozilla does?
Bonjour/soir, le Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:04:36 -0400, *C A Upsdell* a caressé
son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> DON SELF wrote:
>> On my own website, Mozilla shows all the buttons on left and format
>> looks great. On IE, it skips every other button and formatted info is
>> all squeezed in on left side. why is this? site is www.donself.com
>> there is 23 buttons on left (as it should be)using Mozilla - but only
>> 12 using IE as it skips every other one.

> Your page has a Quirks DOCTYPE and 851 HTML validation errors, with some
> code trying to be HTML 4.0, and some code trying to be XHTML 1.0. This
> might be a place for you to start trouble-shooting your problem.

This page follows strictly the W3C standards:
http://tinyurl.com/c6t6xl

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Michel Doucet

http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijSEzEPZe.png

Michel Doucet wrote:
> This page follows strictly the W3C standards:
> http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijSEzEPZe.png

What does this have to do with the OP's page?

Michel Doucet

Re: why does IE not show whole page when Mozilla does?
Bonjour/soir, le Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:50:09 -0400, *C A Upsdell* a caressé
son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> Michel Doucet wrote:
>> This page follows strictly the W3C standards:
>> http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijSEzEPZe.png

> What does this have to do with the OP's page?

The OP's page can be read with ff as he told us without any mistake and
this page respects the W3C standards as shown in my url ... and IE not ?

Michel Doucet wrote:
> Bonjour/soir, le Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:50:09 -0400, *C A Upsdell* a caressé
> son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> Michel Doucet wrote:
>>> This page follows strictly the W3C standards:
>>> http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijSEzEPZe.png

>> What does this have to do with the OP's page?

> The OP's page can be read with ff as he told us without any mistake and
> this page respects the W3C standards as shown in my url ... and IE not ?

I repeat, what does this have to do with the OP's page?

And, BTW, although the OP said that "Mozilla shows all the buttons on
left and format looks great", this does not mean that FF did not render
the page without a mistake: at most it means that FF rendered the page
as the OP wants or expects; a page can look fine, but still be badly
broken. The first step for the OP to fix his problem is to fix his
code: until he does that, he deserves what he gets.

Michel Doucet

Re: why does IE not show whole page when Mozilla does?
Bonjour/soir, le Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:13:27 -0400, *C A Upsdell* a caressé
son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> at most it means that FF rendered the page as the OP wants or expects;

he get what he want with ff and not with IE

> a page can look fine, but still be badly broken

if that page respects the W3C standards (CSS 2.1) ... no

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Averelll

Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:50:09 -0400, *C A Upsdell* a caressé
> son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> Michel Doucet wrote:
>>> This page follows strictly the W3C standards:
>>> http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijSEzEPZe.png

>> What does this have to do with the OP's page?

> The OP's page can be read with ff as he told us without any mistake and
> this page respects the W3C standards as shown in my url ... and IE not ?

Quand vous essayez de faire une réponse technique, on comprend que vous
ne savez absolument pas de quoi vous parlez. Techniquement, vous ne
dominez que le copier coller monsieur le troll voleur. Vous êtes
tellement bête, prétentieux et obsédé par vos fantômes que vous ne
pouvez entrevoir * quel point votre réponse est stupide mais bien digne
du plus grand troll international aux oreilles d'âne.